Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Just Does Not Like Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Just Does Not Like Me

One other point, you metioned CK - CK aka Karma's scores are not the same as what Amex pulls.

You will need to check your REAL Fico scores to determine if that might be part of the denial as well.

Again, just giving us scores be it FAKOs does not give us a good idea on your profile.

You could be the nicest person on the block but Amex will not invite you to the party if you have something they don't like in your CRAs.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topsecretgossip wrote:

$54k income wise. 

The reason given is to many recently opened credit cards and inquiries. 

You just answered your own queston.

Case closed.

Let your current cards grow, don't apply for anymore cards and come back in 6 months. You might just get into the party at that time. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One other point, you metioned CK - CK aka Karma's scores are not the same as what Amex pulls.

You will need to check your REAL Fico scores to determine if that might be part of the denial as well.

Again, just giving us scores be it FAKOs does not give us a good idea on your profile.

You could be the nicest person on the block but Amex will not invite you to the party if you have something they don't like in your CRAs.

Maybe you missed it, but he provided all 3 FICO scores in his initial post.

Message 13 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex has never been known to be inq/account sensitive persay.. guess it is all about a persons profile.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex may not be *known* for recons but it does happen. Without knowing how many new accounts/inqs you have I would suggest sending a recon letter since it seems as if you really want this card. The only way you can really address the denial reasons is by providing reasonable explanations that a human will read vs. the computer making a decision for you. Not sure what your reasons are for the new accounts and number of inqs but simply be polite and honest. If those reasons are good enough then Amex might change their mind. Smiley Happy You could try calling and asking for a recon but honestly I wouldn't trust that. You'll likely get an outsourced rep that will hit a button to put in your request thats then sent off who knows where and you still won't have an opportunity to speak to someone directly and explain your situation. Good luck

If you decide to try this mail it to the return address on your denial letter. If it works great, if not I would go with the suggestion to cool it on new accounts and inqs for 6 months then try again.  

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex may not be *known* for recons but it does happen. Without knowing how many new accounts/inqs you have I would suggest sending a recon letter since it seems as if you really want this card. The only way you can really address the denial reasons is by providing reasonable explanations that a human will read vs. the computer making a decision for you. Not sure what your reasons are for the new accounts and number of inqs but simply be polite and honest. If those reasons are good enough then Amex might change their mind. Smiley Happy You could try calling and asking for a recon but honestly I wouldn't trust that. You'll likely get an outsourced rep that will hit a button to put in your request thats then sent off who knows where and you still won't have an opportunity to speak to someone directly and explain your situation. Good luck

If you decide to try this mail it to the return address on your denial letter. If it works great, if not I would go with the suggestion to cool it on new accounts and inqs for 6 months then try again.  

Very good advice

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever burned Amex at any time in the past, either through a chargeoff or bankruptcy?

Message 17 of 19
Topsecretgossip
Established Member

Never had an AMEX card before at any point. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topsecretgossip wrote:

Never had an AMEX card before at any point. 

This thread is done. Too many inquires, too many new cards. Last pereon, turn off thr light. Shut the door. Smiley Indifferent

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.