cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Loves me!!!!! Hope I don't jinx it :-)

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Loves me!!!!! Hope I don't jinx it :-)

@ibmrad7 wrote:
Yes work from home is the biggest perk..we do have to work crazy hours when a product is due. You are right about IBM they have a footprint in almost every field and monopoly as well.. Which is good and bad depending on how you look at things. I am in the process of transitioning to management consulting / project management.
Your dad can easily hook ou up with an intern gig I guess

Good for you for continuing on your career path! I wish you much success in the consulting and management field. Definitely not an easy field, but if you can work efficiently with people and get tasks done, I'm sure it'll be a breeze for you!

Not 100% certain with that! It's a lot more difficult than I imagined, especially since my dad's office is in Sterling Forest, and the research center is in Yorktown, which has little to no connection, unless my father can figure out who exactly to talk to in his office that is connected to the research facility!

I did talk to the head of the project at a conference in TX, and I gave him a copy of my resume and such...however searching through the internships, it seems like they're looking for grad-level interns to work there, and majority of the internships are IT-related, not meteorology related Smiley Sad

I'm sure once I get my bachelors it'll be a lot easier...i got a scholarship from IBM too, so I'm sure I can nudge them SOMEHOW XD

I'm a little uncertain on the career path I want to go anyways. My passion for weather and my passion for personal finance are raging inside me and I don't know which one to follow...eventually, with the appropriate degrees and years of experience, I can combine the two somewhat in Disaster Risk Analysis for insurance companies...

We'll see how it goes! And oh gosh, I got distracted so much by realizing you're an IBMer, that I forgot to congratulate you on your success with AMEX! so CONGRATS!!

Message 21 of 22
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Loves me!!!!! Hope I don't jinx it :-)

Congrats!!

Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.