cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX MR Membership reward points count across all accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX MR Membership reward points count across all accounts?

Are they basically the same on personal cards? If I have an Everyday Card, and became a PRG holder, are its points counted with the everyday card points, in the membership rewards area, or are those on amexcharge only for travel and amazon only? I read and couldnt see a real answer. FYI, NOT applying for another amex, unless a 50,000 in-house email gets thrown my way.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX MR Membership reward points count across all accounts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Are they basically the same on personal cards? If I have an Everyday Card, and became a PRG holder, are its points counted with the everyday card points, in the membership rewards area, or are those on amexcharge only for travel and amazon only? I read and couldnt see a real answer. FYI, NOT applying for another amex, unless a 50,000 in-house email gets thrown my way.

Yes MR points on any MR card are the same 

edit to add .........Business or personal 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK got it. The green card has MR points, but premier rewards are different kinds of points? Are miles miles and points points? Any points can buy miles? Still unclear. From what i see a PRG holder can use points for a purchase at amazon like a MR card. but it doesnt say it can use points for all charges where it states you can do this with the everyday card, which i own and do myself.

PRG cardholders please chime in and verify your points are MR points? I fly once every 2 years if that,. not after miles or fly discounts but 25,000/50,000 points that are used the same way as everyday card points? Thats $500 potentially, or did i get this wrong?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK got it. The green card has MR points, but premier rewards are different kinds of points? Are miles miles and points points? Any points can buy miles? Still unclear. From what i see a PRG holder can use points for a purchase at amazon like a MR card. but it doesnt say it can use points for all charges where it states you can do this with the everyday card, which i own and do myself.

PRG cardholders please chime in and verify your points are MR points? I fly once every 2 years if that,. not after miles or fly discounts but 25,000/50,000 points that are used the same way as everyday card points? Thats $500 potentially, or did i get this wrong?

No, you're getting confused.  Any Amex card that earns points, including the PRG are MR points.  They  aren't 'Miles' until you transfer them to an airline partner.

Message 4 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK got it. The green card has MR points, but premier rewards are different kinds of points? No MR points are MR points Plat, PRG, Green, ED, EDP,Blue 

Are miles miles and points points? Any points can buy miles? Still unclear. From what i see a PRG holder can use points for a purchase at amazon like a MR card. but it doesnt say it can use points for all charges where it states you can do this with the everyday card, which i own and do myself.

Points can be used anyway you wish ...amazon GC's, pay with points etc etc however the best value will always be travel 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I wasnt confusing miles with points. I wanted to verify that all amex that has points, ARE MR points, and not some other points structure you are locked into. I went on the amex site and even when you line up 3 or 4 cards and click compare, some say MR and some do not.

Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I wasnt confusing miles with points. I wanted to verify that all amex that has points, ARE MR points, and not some other points structure you are locked into. I went on the amex site and even when you line up 3 or 4 cards and click compare, some say MR and some do not.

All of the cards I gave you are MR points if that's what your looking for 

Everything else on Amex is either cashback or plenti points or the MB card 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Some Amex cards are cash back like the Blue Cash ones and do not earn MR points.   The PRG, Green Platinum, ED and EDP cards all earn MR points.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Irish, good help there. I will look into PRG come wintertime when inquries fall off, my derog gets goodwilled, score bounces to 700+ we hope, and I have almost a year history on my current amex card. A second account that can take advantage of twitter handouts is nice too.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Irish, good help there. I will look into PRG come wintertime when inquries fall off, my derog gets goodwilled, score bounces to 700+ we hope, and I have almost a year history on my current amex card. A second account that can take advantage of twitter handouts is nice too.

You're very welcome.  Keep in mind that the PRG and Platinum cards do not have harder underwriting criteria than the Green card.  Don't over estimate how high your scores have to be to obtain one or the other.  Good luck when you do apply.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.