Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX MULTIPLE APPS

tag
RHAL
Regular Contributor

AMEX MULTIPLE APPS

Is it still true that if you apply for multiple card on the same day, they will only pull your report once?

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX MULTIPLE APPS

Yes I just recently applied for the then Amex Zync and Gold on the same day and they only pulled EX once.

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 2 of 14
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Did they approve you for both cards?

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 3 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@terrymurph wrote:

Yes I just recently applied for the then Amex Zync and Gold on the same day and they only pulled EX once.

Why would you want two charge cards from them?

Message 4 of 14
RHAL
Regular Contributor

I keep going back and forth about applying to an rsvp invite I got from them. I want one of their cards something aweful, because of the points program they have. I have a wicked amount of hilton points for hotels, but nothing for flights. With their system I can transfer hilton points at 1300 for 1000 amex points. Well, anyway I heard of people getting denied for certain cards with amex, then the next day get approved for another. If I get denied for the rsvp I wanted to try the green or delta the same day, but not if they pull multiple times. Their csr said they would pull multiple times, but they have seen people get denied and then try another and 5 min later approved.

Message 5 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

I keep going back and forth about applying to an rsvp invite I got from them. I want one of their cards something aweful, because of the points program they have. I have a wicked amount of hilton points for hotels, but nothing for flights. With their system I can transfer hilton points at 1300 for 1000 amex points. Well, anyway I heard of people getting denied for certain cards with amex, then the next day get approved for another. If I get denied for the rsvp I wanted to try the green or delta the same day, but not if they pull multiple times. Their csr said they would pull multiple times, but they have seen people get denied and then try another and 5 min later approved.

A csr doesn't always know the difference between a HP and a SP.  

I once app several months after opening an amex and it denied instantly w/o pulling which was nice but don't know about applying same day.

In any case, good luck with the app., sounds like you've got your eyes on the points!  GL-

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 14
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Thanks!! I really need it with my scores.

Message 7 of 14
terrymurph
Regular Contributor

Yes i did get approved for both of the cards one pull from Experian and no problems.

Eq WAS 500+ three years ago NOW IM 683 and Trans WAS ALSO 500+ NOW IM SITTING AT 710
700 You better be on the LOOK OUT(OOPS GUESS THEY WEREN'T LOOKING CAUSE I ALREADY MADE IT YAAAAYYYYYYYY)
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if AMEX changed their policy on one pull for Mulitple apps in a day.  I applied on the same day with 30 mins apart, they approved me right away for the first one and then I have to wait for the second one for almost 5 days before any decision.  They pulled EX twice - one on the 8th and the other one today 14th.  Should I call the Backdoor number to ask if they can take out one inquiry? 

Thanks in Advance

Message 9 of 14
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Only one pull here, applied for AMEX Zync first, got instant on line approval, then a short time later, applied for Clear, got the 7 day notice message.  Went on line a bit later to check the status of the applications, and it showed both apps approved, got staggered emails from AMEX stating the same thing, that I'd been approved for both.  They pulled EX, and only the single pull for me.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.