Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX MULTIPLE APPS

tag
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX MULTIPLE APPS

There is no policy you can rely on. With multiple apps same day or short period wiin each other , I have seen approval and denial, delayed decision on the second app, 2 approvals or denials, and Amex cancel an app bc it received more than one app. You can not count on a single pull. Although it does sometimes happen, I have seen Amex make multiples in a week with multiple apps. Moral of story is to only apply for what you need and assume there may be more than one pull. Anything less is a gift but you surely can't count on a single pull, even with apps within minutes of each other.
Message 11 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure if AMEX changed their policy on one pull for Mulitple apps in a day.  I applied on the same day with 30 mins apart, they approved me right away for the first one and then I have to wait for the second one for almost 5 days before any decision.  They pulled EX twice - one on the 8th and the other one today 14th.  Should I call the Backdoor number to ask if they can take out one inquiry? 

Thanks in Advance

Congrats!  Perhaps they have fixed the glitch but for those who are/were able to get lucky with it, that's great.  

Don't recommend prompting undue attn to it by calling and requesting they remove a permissible purpose pull, since it is very unlikely to do you any good.  If a borderline approval, there's even a small chance it may prompt unforseen consequences, though would imagine you'll be fine whatever you decide to do.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replies, I'm just going to deal with the extra inquiry and be happy I got approved for 2 cards. Gardening for 6 months Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Here was my experience:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/American-Express-Single-Inquiry-Experiences/td-p/995724

I think it may have a lot to do with if you are instantly approved vs having them manual review your application.  In my case both app's were instantly approved.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.