cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - Making the Card Work for YOU...?

tag
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX - Making the Card Work for YOU...?

LFTM - for Schwab - you have to open a brokerage acct and the money goes in there, right?

do you actually have to trade or invest?

how do you get your cashback out?

This whole Schwab (and Fidelity/etc) functioning has been eluding me for a long time.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 15
JMN
Frequent Contributor

I do the same thing with ALL of my cards. Between my personal expenses, business expenses, as well as family-issued cards, I charge 4-5k a month through my cards, and pay them off every two weeks or so.

I wouldn't worry about it. The credit card companies make money off the interchange fees, so they're not losing out entirely.

Smiley Wink 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ma_fico wrote:

LFTM - for Schwab - you have to open a brokerage acct and the money goes in there, right?

This whole Schwab (and Fidelity/etc) functioning has been eluding me for a long time.

Thanks!

You do NOT have to trade or invest, and there's no requirement to place even a cent in the brokerage account. As your rebates accrue, you can have them mailed or electronically sent.
Message 13 of 15
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ma_fico wrote:

Thanks!

You do NOT have to trade or invest, and there's no requirement to place even a cent in the brokerage account. As your rebates accrue, you can have them mailed or electronically sent.

This is REALLY helpful!

Thanks so much!

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly what I do with my Amex.  I've used it for everything from Big Macs to strip clubs, and Amex has never batted an eye.  I actually bought $1 worth of cat food with it once. Hey, a point is a point. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.