AMEX Member Since Date and Credit Report

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Member Since Date

@Spider15 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

My cards were embossed with "2015", but if/when I get replacements the new cards will have "1995".  I don't bother having them replaced earlier to get the 'real' date since again, the only thing it's good for is impressing a date or a cashier, neither of which are a concern of mine.

And not even sure if it is good for that!   Certainly not cashiers, but even dates, can't quite imagine the scenario "Wow, I thought you were kind of a jerk, but now I see you get your first Amex 25 years ago, I will......."

Come on longtimelurker didn't you use your high quality/tier cards to impress dates (my old Green and Gold American Express Cards from the '70's)?  Smiley Wink In the old days (1970's) it seemed such an approach had merit but, in today's world some of the dates have better cards than I do so ... who is impressed?!

+1

Smiley Very Happy

(Disclaimer:  for anybody out there with a broken "humor detector", my statement was made in jest...)

Message 11 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Spider15 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

My cards were embossed with "2015", but if/when I get replacements the new cards will have "1995".  I don't bother having them replaced earlier to get the 'real' date since again, the only thing it's good for is impressing a date or a cashier, neither of which are a concern of mine.

And not even sure if it is good for that!   Certainly not cashiers, but even dates, can't quite imagine the scenario "Wow, I thought you were kind of a jerk, but now I see you get your first Amex 25 years ago, I will......."

Come on longtimelurker didn't you use your high quality/tier cards to impress dates (my old Green and Gold American Express Cards from the '70's)?  Smiley Wink In the old days (1970's) it seemed such an approach had merit but, in today's world some of the dates have better cards than I do so ... who is impressed?!

I tried, but the full fragment above ended "Wow, I thought you were kind of a jerk, but now I see you get your first Amex 25 years ago, I will leave right now because I don't date old jerks"

Message 12 of 14
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Should my member date say 2016(activated card) if I was approved on Dec 28, 2015?

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Member Since Date and Credit Report

Many thanks. I thought it couldn't hurt in asking if anything had changed.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.