Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Member Since Date...

tag
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Member Since Date...

Okay, I know this has been asked multiple times before, but I can't find a recent post about AU's.

I am an AU on my parent's TE card and then I have my own BCP.

Is my dad able to backdate my AU card to his member since date? Thus allowing me to then change my BCP card to the member since date of my TE card?

I keep getting mixed signals around FT and you guys are my go-to with questions like this! Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Member Since Date...

I believe they changed how AU's work a few years back. When you got your AU card is when you started your relationship with American Express, so that is the year they use for the MSD. Make sense?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 3
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Member Since Date...

@longtime_lurker wrote:

I believe they changed how AU's work a few years back. When you got your AU card is when you started your relationship with American Express, so that is the year they use for the MSD. Make sense?

Yeah, that's what I was told. That makes sense then as to why people are confused.

That's very unfortunate! I could be backdated until before I was born and beyond! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.