Contributor
Alcibiades

AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

For those of you with Membership Rewards eligible cards, there is a 35% bonus for transfering points over to British Airways that runs until June 7. So if you transfer 20,000 points, you get 27,000, which is enough to cover a flight from JFK to SFO in economy (which is 25,000 points). A round trip flight from JFK to MIA costs 15,000 Avios in economy.

This is a good time for people that accumulated ZYNC points to transfer their accounts over to a Green, PRG or Platinum. This makes your points full Membership Rewards points, which can be then transferred over to airlines. I have now taken advantage of 25% and now 35% bonuses - many of those points were earned on the ZYNC...

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

Re: AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

It is indeed a good offer but I won't suggest it. AMEX runs this same transfer bonus to Avios for 50% to 100% bonus in fall. They offered 100% bonus in 2011 and 2012 fall.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Alcibiades

Re: AMEX Membership Rewards is offering a 35% Transfer Bonus to British Airways Avios

ibmrad7 wrote:

It is indeed a good offer but I won't suggest it. AMEX runs this same transfer bonus to Avios for 50% to 100% bonus in fall. They offered 100% bonus in 2011 and 2012 fall.

I don't believe this is the case - the biggest transfer bonus to Avios recently has been 50%, and the once in fall/winter 2012 was 30%. Delta has offered a 100% bonus in the past, but they haven't offered one for a few years now -30/35% may be the norm going forward

Established Contributor
ibmrad7

My bad, you are right it was 50% only.

Dont know from where this 1005 got into my head :smileysurprised:)

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}