Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX: No way, I'm not falling for it...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX: No way, I'm not falling for it...

I saw this when I logged into my account today - I'm not biting!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX: No way, I'm not falling for it...

nice to have that option, but would not use it
Message 2 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Interesting how they try and sweeten the deal with the MR Points. Not that I'd ever recommend it to anyone, but is it possible to select that option, get the points, and then immediately PIF?
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Wow, that's just plain evil.

Hmmph --they didn't offer me any points when they dangled that at me for my Gold card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the image?  It's not loading for me, so I'm missing the whole point apparently. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the image?  It's not loading for me, so I'm missing the whole point apparently. Smiley Tongue

It has a picture of a greenie and says, "Pay your charge card purchases over time and you can earn 1,250 Bonus Points," plus a link.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It has a picture of a greenie and says, "Pay your charge card purchases over time and you can earn 1,250 Bonus Points," plus a link.

Ahh, gotcha.  Thanks for the clarification, HTSU.

Yeah, good call, techno-pagan.  Don't fall for it! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They actually sent me a letter a few weeks ago letting me know I was "approved" to pay over time.

I said pfft and tossed it in the junk pile.

Now they up the ante...  I'm holding out for the FREE Centurian card Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

techno-pagan wrote:
They actually sent me a letter a few weeks ago letting me know I was "approved" to pay over time.

I said pfft and tossed it in the junk pile.

Now they up the ante...  I'm holding out for the FREE Centurian card Smiley Very Happy

Dear techno-pagan,

If you exercise the option to pay over time on your Green charge card, we will give you a free Centurion Card.

Sincerely,
Amex

A month later:

Dear techno-pagan,

Your Centurion Card has been cancelled because you chose to pay over time on your Green charge card a month ago.  We wish you well in all your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Amex

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Interesting how they try and sweeten the deal with the MR Points. Not that I'd ever recommend it to anyone, but is it possible to select that option, get the points, and then immediately PIF?

Here is the "Learn More" info - it looks like I'd get the points just for enrolling.

Hmm, that is tempting... 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.