Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX OASIS reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX OASIS reporting

A  few quick questions for those in AMEX’s Oasis program:

To get into the program, for your original AMEX card did you have to pay your outstanding balance in full or did you have a paid settlement?

Also, now that you are in the program, how is the original card being reported to the bureaus?  Are they reporting any negative history?

I appreciate your assistance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX OASIS reporting

Welcome to the forums!

I'm going to move your post to the CC (credit card) forum.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A  few quick questions for those in AMEX’s Oasis program:

To get into the program, for your original AMEX card did you have to pay your outstanding balance in full or did you have a paid settlement?

Also, now that you are in the program, how is the original card being reported to the bureaus?  Are they reporting any negative history?

I appreciate your assistance!

From what I have seen, you must pay 100% of the original balance.  If you have a settlement, you need to make up the difference.

Once in the program, it should report without any of the prior negative history as long as a) that history is over 7 years old and / or b) it was not on your credit report anyhow.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent, thanks for your assistance.

Message 4 of 5
MP14
Established Member

ok this leads to another question...my amex shows never late, but is in collection (just a few more payments!).  Any guesses as to how it will report when I get my Oasis card (already have been offered upon PIF).

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.