New Visitor
LBDT

AMEX OASIS reporting

A  few quick questions for those in AMEX’s Oasis program:

To get into the program, for your original AMEX card did you have to pay your outstanding balance in full or did you have a paid settlement?

Also, now that you are in the program, how is the original card being reported to the bureaus?  Are they reporting any negative history?

I appreciate your assistance!

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: AMEX OASIS reporting

Welcome to the forums!

I'm going to move your post to the CC (credit card) forum.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (08-22-2014): EQ 820, EX 817, TU 815
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

Credit Cards -
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Senior Contributor
O6

LBDT wrote:

A  few quick questions for those in AMEX’s Oasis program:

To get into the program, for your original AMEX card did you have to pay your outstanding balance in full or did you have a paid settlement?

Also, now that you are in the program, how is the original card being reported to the bureaus?  Are they reporting any negative history?

I appreciate your assistance!

From what I have seen, you must pay 100% of the original balance.  If you have a settlement, you need to make up the difference.

Once in the program, it should report without any of the prior negative history as long as a) that history is over 7 years old and / or b) it was not on your credit report anyhow.

IAALBNYL
New Visitor
LBDT

Excellent, thanks for your assistance.

Established Member
MP14

ok this leads to another question...my amex shows never late, but is in collection (just a few more payments!).  Any guesses as to how it will report when I get my Oasis card (already have been offered upon PIF).

Thanks.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+