Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX OFFERS

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

AMEX OFFERS

what score is needed before u start seeing offers when u check the amex prequal on the site?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX OFFERS

idk but they're huge on not needing a prequal to get approved. never had prequal and have gotten 3 from them this year
Message 2 of 5
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

thanks 2011 just was curious about it

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

give it a whirl
Message 4 of 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

1) You normally need to be at least 21 years old before you will get any pre-quals

2) You can't have your EX frozen or have opt'd out.

3) I am not sure the score for pre-quals, but I would want a EX-08 score of at least 680.  700 would be better before app'g.  There are approvals with lower scores.  Approval/Prequal is not only about your score.

4) Amex seems to like thin, clean files.   Even so, I would want at least 1 year history with a CC.   Baddies aren't an automatic denial, but Amex isn't like Cap1.

1 HP isn't a big deal.  If you have a decent credit report, give it a try.  The charge cards and delta cards have traditionally been the easiest to be approved for.  However, the ED/EDP card doesn't have that high of requirements either.  You can google the credit pulls database to get an idea of who gets approved by Amex.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.