Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX OPEN Business card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX OPEN Business card?

Greetings,

So I've received two fancy shmancy letters from  Amex Platinum business (simply cash) with the nice little fake card attched.  "They want to help small business thrive etc..." And I have a couple of questions if I may.

I started to fill out the application on line and then completely aborted the process. I'm wondering how on earth did they find out about me in the first place?

The second and more important question is, are they sending these invites out in blind mass or are you targeted because they know that you all but qualify once you sign the dotted line? My credit is light but not bad. It was mid 600's or so and on it's way up. So, (perhaps in my igorance) I'm thinking that the "on my way" has transformed to "arrived" based on these offers that came out of the blue right around the time I was expecting the increase.

I'd like to drink the coolaid but don't want safeguard against hard inquiries if I can,

I've received two letters from them inside of two months about this card. Capitol one platinum as well. Obviously, there's no comparison between the two.

Thank you for your insight in advance...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX OPEN Business card?

I got a pre-approval from Cap 1 every month and yearly from US Bank. In the past, I got BofA, Chase. You might see the pre-screen offers from CRA just  like personal.  They might pull personal credit report if you apply.

Ron.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you much. I was just starting to feel "special" Lol.  I guess I'll just marinate on it for a while and see. I have until the end of the month according to their latest "offer".

It seems like one of the better cards to have.

I'll keep eveyone informed.

Message 3 of 4
Ron1
Super Contributor

Amex Business Card doesn't report to personal. They pulled EXP. Cap1 pull all 3 for business and they report to personal.

Ron.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.