Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Oasis

tag
Tazman81
Established Contributor

AMEX Oasis

Just thought I would pass along information regarding this.  Per one of the executive representatives, you cannot do the AMEX Oasis program if your debt was included in bankruptcy.  The representative was also pretty disturbed that I knew about the Oasis program.  He explained that this is a program that is offered by some debt collectors, and not actually by AMEX.  It is much like an incentive to get the client to repay their debt, in exchange for being able to get a card back.  So, just thought I would pass along this info.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Oasis

Well, spoke with my bankruptcy attorney and also looked at the bankruptcy courts website, and you are permitted to voluntarily pay back a creditor if you choose.  Since I only owed AMEX about $800 I am going to give them a call with this information in hand to see if they will accept my payment.  I know that it does not guarantee that I will get a card back with them, but I will talk with them and get a feel for what they say.  I just want that old history back as it will give me a significant increase to my AAofA which right now stands at less than 2 years.  Smiley Sad

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Oasis

@Tazman81 wrote:

Just thought I would pass along information regarding this.  Per one of the executive representatives, you cannot do the AMEX Oasis program if your debt was included in bankruptcy.  The representative was also pretty disturbed that I knew about the Oasis program.  He explained that this is a program that is offered by some debt collectors, and not actually by AMEX.  It is much like an incentive to get the client to repay their debt, in exchange for being able to get a card back.  So, just thought I would pass along this info.

Not exactly.

Those debt collectors are AmEx.  The vast majority of collections for AmEx are handled by their own in-house collections out of either Omaha, Atlanta or Texas.  Since these collections people are directly controlled by AmEx, they do not necessarily fall under the FDCPA even.

AmEx will never knowingly solicit you to repat a debt discharged in bankruptcy as they know this is illegal.  If, however, you voluntarily approach AmEx with cash in hand, they will accept and even allow you into Oasis.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.