Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Offer For Jet Blue

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Offer For Jet Blue

Our closest is 200 miles away. I could handle crowds if I could just get to one. Smiley Sad

Why can't we get any decent retail in this town???? Federal offices, energy research, major public university --plenty of money here, but no good retail. No Macy's, no Costco, no Nordstorm's; Dillard's is our peak shopping moment! And a Bass Pro Shop 40 miles up the road. Gah! Smiley Mad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if that's the case, that rep misinformed me!  I don't need another "hard" after Discover.  I thought they'd already did a "soft" before they offered me the Jet Blue but it appears I was mistaken. 

I just paid off my AMEX balance, so I'll just keep my Blue and be done. Maybe I'll wait until after the new year.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB wrote:
Well, if that's the case, that rep misinformed me!  I don't need another "hard" after Discover.  I thought they'd already did a "soft" before they offered me the Jet Blue but it appears I was mistaken. 

I just paid off my AMEX balance, so I'll just keep my Blue and be done. Maybe I'll wait until after the new year.

Well, the rep may have been correct, if that's what you were told.  I wouldn't count on it though.  Always expect a hard pull when opening a new account.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling, where do you live?  No Nordstrom?  I'd die!  I'm going to the Nordies near my house to pick up some perfume I pre-ordered.  Gotta have Nordies nearby!Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
hauling, where do you live? No Nordstrom? I'd die! I'm going to the Nordies near my house to pick up some perfume I pre-ordered. Gotta have Nordies nearby!Smiley Very Happy

Four hours north of the Atlanta Nordstrom; 3 hours east of the Nashville Nordstrom; 8 hours west of the Fayetteville NC (Fayetteville NC has Nordstrom!!!!!!) --you get the picture. Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, we got nothin' here. Dillards is as good as it gets. Smiley Sad Oh, I think there's an Ann Taylor somewhere.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 17
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I suggest going to the Costco store to apply for the Costco Amex. They take your picture and submit the app to Amex online and you could get instant approval in the store.

I have only been a Costco member since May 2007, and I really didn't spend much this past year, except for a set of tires. They had my address mixed up, so I got the pending app, but I went home and checked app status online, fixed the address and was approved instantly.

Amex does a definite hard with EX, but nothing else.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 16 of 17
Geordi
Regular Contributor

IMHO, people put too much credit into what CSR actually know about the details of each and every credit card that their company offers.

I have the TrueEarning AMEX and the approval goes like this:

You apply for the Costco American Express TrueEarnings Card with AMEX
AMEX contacts Costco to get your annual purchases on your Costco account
AMEX uses the data from Costco to determine your limit

Costco has no part in the decision of the card or limit, however your annual Costco membership fee shall be automatically billed to your TrueEarnings Card on the Costco anniversary date.

I actually have the TrueEarning Business card. I like the card ok and it makes one less card that I have to carry in my wallet. The TrueEarnings Card does double duty as a Costco membership card and an American Express Card.

I hope that helps.

GL
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.