Contributor
Zelaya

Re: AMEX Optima and backdating

Great news this morning....Just called Amex and I was able to change my backdating to 2006 and I'm getting new cards. I also asked about CLI and lady never mentioned about the 36 months lockdown restriction but I will wait for a month or two. She did offer to process the request but she couldn't confirm a soft pull.

Valued Contributor
dodfire

Not to get too far off subject but.........

When you get an AMEX backdated, I understand that certainly helps your AAoA but my question is:

Does the CRA see this as a "new account" ? And lower your score?

*8/10/13
Contributor
Zelaya

I really don't know however I've done a application spreed in the past month with 4 new accounts including my auto refi with Navy fcu and have lost about 20 points from that so I'll see when I get a alert from equifax, time to hit the garden for a while. I'm curious to see if anyone with this credit card have apply for a CLI and whats the results. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+