Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Optima

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Optima

I got the optima platinum back in 2001 when I only had about a true 1 year of credit history. I kpet the card till 2005 when I closed it since i wasnt using it.

So i got it the regular way by applying via the AMEX website but I don't see it anymore.

I have heard of people on here getting an optima after paying off a charge off with AMEX. But I have never had either a charge off or a late with AMEX.

SO it ssems like they are still offering it but one has to go through a third party it seems like.

https://www295.americanexpress.com/cards/npz.do?pmccode=133#CARDS/133/0/0/-1

Message 11 of 14
GuyInFlorida
Valued Member

I know that the "Platinum Optima" Card is still around. My Mother (a 30+year Amex customer w/ an 810 fico) has one, because she's had an Optima for atleast 20 years. They keep sending her replacement cards (a very nice looking card, similar to other Amex Platinum charge cards). It accrues points like any other Amex, to be redeemed for rewards.

I can't find it on their website, but I have personally held one within the last 2 years.

Message 12 of 14
sjt
Senior Contributor

@John060675 wrote:

I just got the Optima Platinum card, but I think it is their rebuilder card.  I just paid off an old account, and they sent me this offer. 

Did you get the Optima in the same manner as I did, or was it actually a normal card?

Its the Oasis Card. This is issued after you paid off a debt in full. I didnt realize it was a Platinum Optima Card though.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@John060675 wrote:

I just got the Optima Platinum card, but I think it is their rebuilder card.  I just paid off an old account, and they sent me this offer. 

Did you get the Optima in the same manner as I did, or was it actually a normal card?

Its the Oasis Card. This is issued after you paid off a debt in full. I didnt realize it was a Platinum Optima Card though.

I don't think it is Platinum? Thought it was Blue or something?

Back when they still offered the Optima Platinum Credit Card, they had regular blue and the Platinum... Think it was based on Credit Limit or Annual Fee.. Can't remember but I had Platinum through my father. But that was 13+ years ago.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.