Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PAY OVER TIME

tag
tmoney
Regular Contributor

AMEX PAY OVER TIME

So I received a letter from Amex stating that my pay over time on my PRG is activated. However it states that charges over 35,000 will not be included in my pay over time statement. I wonder how high my internal charge limit ison my PRG    any guesses . 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX PAY OVER TIME

I think the average is 35k but doesnt it change like month to month?  Also could be a standard letter to everyone who gets that option?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

My guess is that it is a form letter. Look at the interest rate. I never even signed up for it when they told me that my rate was 18%.

Message 3 of 8
rlx01
Established Contributor

The maximum is 35k. The rate is always 18.24%.

They sometimes have rate reductions for a specific period of time.
Message 4 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

That's the standard letter they send out to everyone

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 8
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure if $35K is the max as I received a letter from Amex last week that said they raised my Pay over time limit to $50 K on my platinum card.

Message 6 of 8
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I would never use the pay over time feature on a balance of 35k with amex. but thats just me
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I've seen them offer more than 35k. A company I used to work for regularly had the option of 100k but they pushed some serious money through their Amex cards.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.