Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX: PC Blue to Gold Delta?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

AMEX: PC Blue to Gold Delta?

I've heard that Amex doesn't allow PC's between non-cobranded and cobranded cards. 

Would it be possible to PC from Blue to Gold Delta Skymiles?? I'm gonna be doing a lot of travel in the near future and Delta has a few hubs near me so priority bording would be very nice, as would be the free checked bag.

Thanks!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX: PC Blue to Gold Delta?

Call them or send them a secure message but I don't think you will due to the branding issue you mentioned.

Message 2 of 9
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Not for nothing, but why not straight apply for the Delta Gold and get the 40,000 mile bonus (TannerK has a thread with a link from a couple days ago here)? Also, if you had the Blue for a while you could take advantage of the back date and keep the MR points as well. If you get denied, no hard pull either. You also should register fir SM prior to any move you decide.
Message 3 of 9
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Not for nothing, but why not straight apply for the Delta Gold and get the 40,000 mile bonus (TannerK has a thread with a link from a couple days ago here)? Also, if you had the Blue for a while you could take advantage of the back date and keep the MR points as well. If you get denied, no hard pull either. You also should register fir SM prior to any move you decide.

^^^^My recommendation, as well.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:

+1 Even if you have had the personal Delta card the promo is also for their Bus. You could even apply for both if you really wanted the points and get 80K for 2K spend in 3 months total.

Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@andre181 wrote:

I've heard that Amex doesn't allow PC's between non-cobranded and cobranded cards. 

Would it be possible to PC from Blue to Gold Delta Skymiles?? I'm gonna be doing a lot of travel in the near future and Delta has a few hubs near me so priority bording would be very nice, as would be the free checked bag.

Thanks!

This is true ~ however both the Delta and Blue are underwritten by AMEX.    Any cards not underwritten by AMEX can't be PC'd to AMEX cards.    Also you can't PC from an AMEX charge card to a revolver card.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

MrShush wrote

+100 

the blue has no AF, so why not keep it and new AP for Delta Gold and AAoA would only be improved. Worse case would be  a soft for denial and  a hard but a nice AAoA boost. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 9
andre181
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice everybody!

I decided not to apply for the Gold Delta Skymiles because I know I would get denied. My util is kinda high right now because I did a BT to pay off my car loan. It should be paid off by May or June, so maybe I'll wait until then. I figure its best not to rock the boat with amex right now since my scores went down about 30 points because of this BT. But its saving me at least $1200 in interest, so its worth it IMO

But I did call amex and ask about PC. Gold Delta wasn't an option but I was able to switch to either Blue Sky, Blue Sky Preferred, BCE, or BCP. I chose BCE, so at least I now have a better card than just the plain ol' Blue.

Thanks again!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andre181 wrote:

Thanks for the advice everybody!

I decided not to apply for the Gold Delta Skymiles because I know I would get denied. My util is kinda high right now because I did a BT to pay off my car loan. It should be paid off by May or June, so maybe I'll wait until then. I figure its best not to rock the boat with amex right now since my scores went down about 30 points because of this BT. But its saving me at least $1200 in interest, so its worth it IMO

But I did call amex and ask about PC. Gold Delta wasn't an option but I was able to switch to either Blue Sky, Blue Sky Preferred, BCE, or BCP. I chose BCE, so at least I now have a better card than just the plain ol' Blue.

Thanks again!

Good choice! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.