Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PC

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

AMEX PC

If you have a AMEX that is not Blue Cash, Everyday you now can never PC to that card. I have the Hilton and can't PC to anything else besides a higher level Hilton. AMEX just changed their policy. No more backdating on any new AMEX's either. I think more and more banks / rewards, if you have a co branded card you get and if in the future you have no use for you get forced to close and reapply. I think to be safe have a bank owned rewards so you can change it around.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
someone379
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX PC

What can a Blue Cash or Everyday card PC to?   I wonder if I could turn my blue cash into an everyday card some day if I chose to?   Could my blue cash be turned into a one of the branded cards?

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 2 of 4
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@someone379 wrote:

What can a Blue Cash or Everyday card PC to?   I wonder if I could turn my blue cash into an everyday card some day if I chose to?   Could my blue cash be turned into a one of the branded cards?

Now with AMEX Blue like for like. Blue Cash to Blue Sky. That is what a rep told me.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that work with personal to business cards also if both are in the Blue family? I'm thinking no but doesn't hurt to ask Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.