Re: AMEX PLATINUM 5X AIRFARE UPDATE

@Anonymous wrote:
@Where did you see that, @Jarrodpd?

Added link to original post.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 62 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh - that's only if you purchase a Delta Private Jet Card using the Platinum Card. Hope this helps to clarify :-)
Message 63 of 83
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh - that's only if you purchase a Delta Private Jet Card using the Platinum Card. Hope this helps to clarify :-)

Ok, I thought it was exanding the available options. Didn't realise it was only private Delta Flights... 

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 64 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well to further clarify, the 20% discount does apply to full-fare commercial flights operated by Delta, but you must purchase the Delta Private Jet Card (starting at $100,000) to get that benefit. I believe it's just mentioned in the application terms because of the Private Jet Program which is a Platinum Card benefit.
Message 65 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well to further clarify, the 20% discount does apply to full-fare commercial flights operated by Delta, but you must purchase the Delta Private Jet Card (starting at $100,000) to get that benefit. I believe it's just mentioned in the application terms because of the Private Jet Program which is a Platinum Card benefit.

So in other words you have to be rich in order to get the benefit. 

Message 66 of 83
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Well the update went live and so far it looks like its only the 5X Airfare. I'm a bit dissapointed because I love my PRG, and if they did nothing else than add the same points structure of PRG and benefits of Platinum, I would be Upgrading today and getting rid of my Gold Delta card. Smiley Sad

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 67 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

Well the update went live and so far it looks like its only the 5X Airfare. I'm a bit dissapointed because I love my PRG, and if they did nothing else than add the same points structure of PRG and benefits of Platinum, I would be Upgrading today and getting rid of my Gold Delta card. Smiley Sad

You have some real idiots in the executive offices over there at American Express. 

There's at least 4-5 cards in the lineup that need to be eliminated or have upgraded rewards programs, so instead, they figure providing 5x points on airfare on their 2nd most expensive card is supposed to make them competitive again??

Man, if I ever took over that company as CEO the whole entire executive group below me would be fired. 

Message 68 of 83
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

You have some real idiots in the executive offices over there at American Express. 

There's at least 4-5 cards in the lineup that need to be eliminated or have upgraded rewards programs, so instead, they figure providing 5x points on airfare on their 2nd most expensive card is supposed to make them competitive again??

Man, if I ever took over that company as CEO the whole entire executive group below me would be fired. 

I'm thrilled, I just booked two business trip flights $2,210, free 11,050 MR points.  I'm glad I waited to book.  In addition, I'm thinking of getting the bus plat, I don't have to pay the AF personally and can get 2 cents redemption rate for booking award flights.

You are forgetting that Amex caters to the business consumer rather well, whiich is a big part of their market segment.

BTW their stock went up 77 cents yesterday, I hope you don't pick stocks for a living, lol!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 69 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

I'm thrilled, I just booked two business trip flights $2,210, free 11,050 MR points.  I'm glad I waited to book.  In addition, I'm thinking of getting the bus plat, I don't have to pay the AF personally and can get 2 cents redemption rate for booking award flights.

You are forgetting that Amex caters to the business consumer rather well, whiich is a big part of their market segment.

BTW their stock went up 77 cents yesterday, I hope you don't pick stocks for a living, lol!

You're the only one I've seen that's thrilled. More power to you. My thinking goes beyond just one card. 

Message 70 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.