Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PLATINUM CARD QUESTION...

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

AMEX PLATINUM CARD QUESTION...

So I am planning on making a charge for $2k to a dealership as a deposit for a car. The highest single transaction I have made was about $450 I only had this card since Septemeber of this year. Should I call and warn them? I did the will it be approved on their website and it said a purchase of $8k would be approved. But I dont want to cause a red flag or FR. Suggestions? P.S I always pay on time and in full like ur supposed too. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX PLATINUM CARD QUESTION...

If you feel more comfortable calling, that's fine. However, calling would not prevent a FR and if your CR's and spending are in line a $2k charge shouldn't be an issue. 

Message 2 of 4
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

If you feel more comfortable calling, that's fine. However, calling would not prevent a FR and if your CR's and spending are in line a $2k charge shouldn't be an issue. 

+1...no need to worry...i think you should be fine Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 4
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

This is surely a sign of our poor economy...what good is having an AmEx Platinum if charging $2k on it is a problem...lol? I remember back in my Grandpa's day, a Platinum was like a key to the city...today people worry about getting FR'd if they do anything "wrong."

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.