Did you mean: 

AMEX PLATINUM payment reminders -borderline harassment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PLATINUM payment reminders -borderline harassment

@Anonymous wrote:
I only get 1 reminder on my PRG.

How long have you had your PRG? Do you have any other cards with them?

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 Amex Platinum cards and only get one reminder eachmonth per card.

How long have you had your cards? Do you have any other cards with them besides these 2 Platinum cards?

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had this happen to me that I can remember. Sounds like a pain though. Let's jack up the AF and bug the hell out of people. Good business model.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never ever got a payment remidner on my platinum from amex. But of course, i always pay off my card in full a couple days after the statment cut and bill is generated. I never get close to the due date. So I guess thats why. 

Message 14 of 18
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ever since AMEX changed their payment terms on the personal Platinum, I've noticed that now I get anywhere from 3-4 payment reminder emails with 10 days of my official due date that I have an outstanding balance. I find this to be VERY annoying especially when I did not set up to receive this many payment reminders. 

They did not do this when the terms were "Please pay by" this date. Once they started issuing official due dates on this card I've noticed this change. I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this. 

FYI - I do have 3 credit cards with AMEX where I only get one payment reminder. I'm not sure why they are doing this with the personal charge card. 

What is the specific text of each alert? In the Account Services --> Alerts section you have the ability to turn off / on a payment due alert, but there is also a Spending Alert for Account Status which includes "Notify me when account activity may affect my ability to make purchases and when account payment is overdue". So they may be teilling you something with this one.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your frustration. I guess I am a wierdo because I like all the reminders I can get so I never miss a payment even though I have autopay turned on. Oh well...different strokes...good luck with this....Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I only received one payment reminder from AMEX this month for my personal Platinum.  I am not sure what changed this month but I am definitely happy about it. Hopefully this means AMEX is no longer spooked with my spend and will stop sending multiple payment reminders. 

Thank you everyone for all of your insight and feedback. 

Message 17 of 18
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

How dare they allow custom reminders!  Seriously, just change your settings.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.