Contributor
mipema

Re: AMEX PRE APPROVAL LINK

Followed the link, and wound up at a page titled "Your Featured Offers" - there was no mention of pre-approval at least on that page.  Anyhow, was "Pre-approved" for the Platinum, Rewards Plus Gold Card, Blue, and Blue Sky.  Not biting for the time being, as I've already got the Blue cash - converted from a Gold Delta Skymiles.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

mipema wrote:
Followed the link, and wound up at a page titled "Your Featured Offers" - there was no mention of pre-approval at least on that page.  Anyhow, was "Pre-approved" for the Platinum, Rewards Plus Gold Card, Blue, and Blue Sky.  Not biting for the time being, as I've already got the Blue cash - converted from a Gold Delta Skymiles.

There is some debate as to whether the offers from this link are true preapprovals.  Search some past threads on this subject, and you'll see that everybody who checks the link gets either no offers or the same offers you just listed.

The offers don't seem to be personalized at all, like you'd expect with true preapprovals.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
revinkit

go for the delta and green card. I got both when my scores were low 600s.
Blogger
HiLine

mipema wrote:

I was pre-approved for the Green and the Blue. I had never even heard of the Blue before lol.

Funny thing is, a few days after I was approved for the Gold Delta Skymiles, these pre-approved offers disappeared. Currently, I'm not pre-approved for any card.

Frequent Contributor
eparker

That pre-approval link said I was not qualified for anything for the longest.  It said it last week, and I said what the heck and apped anyway.  APPROVED!!!  Got the green card, and when I received my card, I got it back-dated to 1986 when I had a card. 

Look at your credit report (Exp) before apping, I did.  I had paid down several cards before I apped. 

Good luck...

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-663 TU-686 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Contributor
maceto

Nope, seems to have been some issues for some time- had it work for me, then down...
Regular Contributor
hateAshbury

have never seen it. It's a myth.

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
thin_mint86

I was approved for capitol one about 5 months ago and then got approved for the discover "it" card last month. How long should i wait befire applying for an axex?  I was thinking about applying fot the green. thanks in advance

thin_mint86

I was approved for capitol one about 5 months ago and then got approved for the discover "it" card last month. How long should i wait befire applying for an axex?  I was thinking about applying fot the green. thanks in advance. My score is also in the low 600's

Contributor
withaspark

hateAshbury wrote:

have never seen it. It's a myth.

Though I'd rather not perpetuate a thread from 2008...

It is real... https://www304.americanexpress.com/secure/my-special-offers%20?iframe=true&width=100%&height=100%

The catch is if the site finds cookies indicating you're a current member, it won't show the page. Clear your cookies, use a private browsing session, or a different browser than usual (like IE if you use Firefox or vice versa).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}