Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRE SELECT OFFERS

tag
tmoney
Regular Contributor

AMEX PRE SELECT OFFERS

How certain are American Express pre selected offers . I received a pre selected offer in the mail

Do they normally soft pull you before sending out offers . I know they normally pull Ex if u have a fraud

alert on EX will they pull another CR

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
westcon5
Valued Member

Re: AMEX PRE SELECT OFFERS

I received an Amex pre-APPROVED (not sure about pre-SELECTED) for the Delta Gold card and they did soft my EX report. I decided to accept the offer and they pulled all three reports. I don't have any frozen. It was instantly approved.

Message 2 of 4
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I got a preapproval letter in the mail last year and applied but was denied. I blame myself though because I knew I shouldn't have applied.  The letter I received said I was denied because I had been looking for too too much credit recently and that was true.  Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Both DW and I in the past have received pre-approval notices in the mail and were denied. I did receive a preapproval mention via their website and was instantly approved.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.