Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Application??

tag
awall41
Established Member

AMEX PRG Application??

Hi Everyone,

I've been using my Zync a lot more than I thought and have been loving it.  I really want to upgrade the gold to get full MR points to transfer to my frequent flyer program, but I just got my Zync 2 months ago (second statement cuts in a week).  Is it too soon to apply for the PRG?  I know it's only a soft if denied, but are there any possible repercussions in AMEX's internal scoring system from being denied?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Application??

No I tried for a new cars once a month nothing happened. I just got a green last week and when I applied i didn't get the no but I didn't get a yes because reports were frozen. Once I unfroze it I got my green card
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX PRG Application??

@awall41 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've been using my Zync a lot more than I thought and have been loving it.  I really want to upgrade the gold to get full MR points to transfer to my frequent flyer program, but I just got my Zync 2 months ago (second statement cuts in a week).  Is it too soon to apply for the PRG?  I know it's only a soft if denied, but are there any possible repercussions in AMEX's internal scoring system from being denied?

No repurcussions that I am aware of.   You can apply anytime as long as you haven't been denied on a AMEX app within the previous 30 days.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.