Established Member
awall41

AMEX PRG Application??

Hi Everyone,

I've been using my Zync a lot more than I thought and have been loving it.  I really want to upgrade the gold to get full MR points to transfer to my frequent flyer program, but I just got my Zync 2 months ago (second statement cuts in a week).  Is it too soon to apply for the PRG?  I know it's only a soft if denied, but are there any possible repercussions in AMEX's internal scoring system from being denied?

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

Re: AMEX PRG Application??

No I tried for a new cars once a month nothing happened. I just got a green last week and when I applied i didn't get the no but I didn't get a yes because reports were frozen. Once I unfroze it I got my green card

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
pizzadude

Re: AMEX PRG Application??

awall41 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I've been using my Zync a lot more than I thought and have been loving it.  I really want to upgrade the gold to get full MR points to transfer to my frequent flyer program, but I just got my Zync 2 months ago (second statement cuts in a week).  Is it too soon to apply for the PRG?  I know it's only a soft if denied, but are there any possible repercussions in AMEX's internal scoring system from being denied?

No repurcussions that I am aware of.   You can apply anytime as long as you haven't been denied on a AMEX app within the previous 30 days.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+