Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG - Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRG - Points

@Open123 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

I do not travel, so it would only be for cash back, statement credits etc.

Just use the MR points to redeem HD GCs when they're 20% off face value.  Then, go through topcashback and sell them to Cardpool.  You'll cashout with approximately $250 for the 25K MR points.

Does redeeming for GC and selling them on Cardpool still hold true for ~$250?

Message 11 of 13
core
Valued Contributor

"HD" gift cards as in Home Depot?  I didn't know they were 20% off at times; that's an awesome deal for me.  Is there a mailing list or something I can sign up for to be alerted when this happens, or do you just have to keep checking it every week?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

I do not travel, so it would only be for cash back, statement credits etc.

Just use the MR points to redeem HD GCs when they're 20% off face value.  Then, go through topcashback and sell them to Cardpool.  You'll cashout with approximately $250 for the 25K MR points.

This might have tax implications. According to the IRS, credit card rewards are not taxable. Neither is selling some stuff on the internet - like selling your old stuff on Amazon. However, selling gift cards at a profit would most likely require you to file Schedule C and pay taxes on your giftcard selling profits. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.