Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Rush Delivery?

tag
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Rush Delivery?

I asked for a rush because of a stupid rule Amex has.

I wanted an EMV version of the card.  I asked the rep who approved me over the phone if she could send me an EMV card.  She said no.  They, for some reason, refuse to send an EMV version when you're approved.  You have to receive the first, non-EMV card, activate it, and then call in to request a new one.  Not wanting to wait for 2 weeks to get a functioning card, I asked for it to be expedited.

Message 11 of 16
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

I asked for a rush because of a stupid rule Amex has.

I wanted an EMV version of the card.  I asked the rep who approved me over the phone if she could send me an EMV card.  She said no.  They, for some reason, refuse to send an EMV version when you're approved.  You have to receive the first, non-EMV card, activate it, and then call in to request a new one.  Not wanting to wait for 2 weeks to get a functioning card, I asked for it to be expedited.

It's weird that you had to request it. I got approved for my PRG Amex on a Monday or something like that and it was delivered literally the next day without even asking for rush delivery. I got home right when the UPS guy was preparing to knock on my door. I was shocked that they sent it so fast. Now the EMV part seems interesting. I want one. 

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
Express
Frequent Contributor

AMEX PRG Rush Delivery?

Anyone know if I'm approved today that I can have the card rush shipped to me? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

When I got my first and second one they sent it over night by Fedx! With out me asking them to.Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 13 of 16
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm pretty disappointed in AMEX after today. Everytime I try to engage them to try to start a credit relationship I come away feeling like they just don't go out of their way to make me feel welcome. The reps are so robotic and purely read from scripts. I asked about rush delivery and they said AFTER I applied that they might ( their word ) rush it to me if their "system" said they could. I left my rsvp number at work and asked if they could locate my offer...they couldn't and could only "find" a lower offer than the original. I asked about how quickly the rewards would post and they said 6-8 weeks. In and of it itself not a big deal...until I remember that Discover let me use my rewards  on Amazon before they even posted. Whenever I call Chase they ask me how I'm doing and most of the time can answer my question before I even finish asking. Even GE Capital ( Old Navy version ) was quick on the phone to offer to fix up issues they had caused in my credit reporting. I know they had to fix them but we all know how hard it can be sometimes to get errors fixed. I just don't feel the "love" from AMEX. I don't know why. Its truly YMMV I guess when it comes to creditors.  

Message 14 of 16
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

They are all over the map on this which is why different people are stating different things.  When I applied for my first PRG, I think it came standard delivery.  When I applied for my SPG, it was overnighted without me requesting it.  I upgraded my PRG to Platinum and it was overnighted without a request.  I later applied for the PRG again and asked if they could overnight it and was told the best they could do was ship it 2nd day. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

That sounds right. When I apped back in November for my PRG on the approval screen, I saw the card arrival tab and they sent it to me the Monday afternoon I got home from school (sitting outside my house..lol.) I never requested it either, but I like that they did that for me, this is why I like doing business with Amex, they have been good to me and I have been good to them thus far.

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.