Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG Rush Delivery?

tag
omskillet
Regular Contributor

AMEX PRG Rush Delivery?

Anyone know if I'm approved today that I can have the card rush shipped to me? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX PRG Rush Delivery?

Call them.  I'm sure they could facilitate.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 16
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

Call them.  I'm sure they could facilitate.

I was just on live chat with a rep and surprisingly they couldn't answer yes or no. 

Message 3 of 16
djrez4
Established Contributor

That's a useful rep.

You can absolutely have a card expedited.  When I got my first Gold card, they sent it USPS.  I was leaving for a trip and asked them to overnight it.  A new card arrived the next day and the one that was still in postal limbo was cancelled.

Message 4 of 16
withaspark
Contributor

Months ago, I app'd for my PRG on a Thursday at 7am...had the card on Saturday. I didn't request anything--just applied online. On the instant approval screen I got a section that said "Your Card Arrival" "Your card has been upgraded to expedited delivery. This is being done at no cost to you, it is just our way of saying thank you for being a Cardmember. Your card will be delivered by UPS and will arrive in 1-3 calendar days."

I haven't had AMEX not rush me a card yet out of 4 (and I'm far from a big spender)...though come to think of it, I have always put a few hundred dollar charge on the new AMEXs actually the night I got them...either electric billpay online or charitable contributions or some other decent charge I was going to make anyways.

Message 5 of 16
djrez4
Established Contributor

I asked Amex via twitter if they could release the tracking number for my incoming card.  They say no, call the number on the back of the card for updates.  Call the number on the back of a card I don't have yet? Amex thinks I'm magic.

Message 6 of 16
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious why the rush?  I could understand if you were wanting to put a trip or somethong on it, or even because you lost your wallet, but a vast majority of us on this board hold some pretty heafty CLs on some pretty nice cards.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE American Express.  I guess I can relate, it's like Christmas getting your new plastic.  I just think it's amusing to rush a card for no other reason than to have it fill that empty spot in your wallet.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 7 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@omskillet wrote:

Anyone know if I'm approved today that I can have the card rush shipped to me? 

If you request it after approval AMEX will do it. Good luck to you!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 16
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

I'm curious why the rush?  I could understand if you were wanting to put a trip or somethong on it, or even because you lost your wallet, but a vast majority of us on this board hold some pretty heafty CLs on some pretty nice cards.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE American Express.  I guess I can relate, it's like Christmas getting your new plastic.  I just think it's amusing to rush a card for no other reason than to have it fill that empty spot in your wallet.

I'm trying and get the 50k bonus in the first statement. We are doing family vaca in mid-June and already have 66k Chase points for 3 free nights and with 50k Amex points I can convert to 400 dollars worth of gift cards for our hotel. 

Almost 2k dollars worth of rewards! 

Message 9 of 16
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

well dang... go get 'em!!

--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.