Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX PRG temp. number?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX PRG temp. number?

I called before to ask if my PRG could be expedited but she said sadly not but she never brought up issuing a temp number for usage so I don't know if thats possible or not? Have a flight that has be book tomorrow and I wanted to put the charge on the card because it'd just fill up the bonus. It says card request 3/27 so it'll get here soon but I don't think it'll make tomorrow.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX PRG temp. number?

@notmichaelou wrote:

I called before to ask if my PRG could be expedited but she said sadly not but she never brought up issuing a temp number for usage so I don't know if thats possible or not? Have a flight that has be book tomorrow and I wanted to put the charge on the card because it'd just fill up the bonus. It says card request 3/27 so it'll get here soon but I don't think it'll make tomorrow.

prg should come expedited anyway by UPS usually in 1 or 2 days..... or sometimes fedex....  only amex i have seen with temp # would be cobranded credit cards.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the site they advertise a 5-7 biz day delivery by US Mail...odd it comes so slow though, both my BoAs came super fast and i'd think they're a tier under the PRG

Message 3 of 5
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I also got the same response as I app'd for PRG recently (haven't updated it on my sig yet) I was approved on a Wednesday and received card the following Monday. My Delta card upon approval I was given a temporary number but it took a full week to get my card. I was dying to get my card because of an upcoming airfare purchase but luckily I got it in time before the fares went up. My PRG came USPS.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@notmichaelou wrote:

On the site they advertise a 5-7 biz day delivery by US Mail...odd it comes so slow though, both my BoAs came super fast and i'd think they're a tier under the PRG

thats just including the potential for a weekend. the card may show up tomorrow.... do you not subscribe to UPS mychoice or usps etc? That way u can see whats coming!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.