Did you mean: 

AMEX PROBLEM...

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: RE

@Crashem wrote:

@plasticcards wrote:

Now I don't know what to do! I only have $1.5k limit. That's nothing!! I have no problem paying what I charge. Im responsible with my cards and ALWAYS PIF every month. But them basing everything over employment. Is ridiculous. I mean what happens if I was rich and had millions in the bank. I couldnt get a CC because I  did not work!? So if you dont work but have tons of money in accounts your not allowed to get a CC? 

I think you are okay given that you have income this year.

As for those without work and lots of cash, no one is saying CC issuers won't give you a card.  FICO scores don't look at incomes.  However, it is likely that many issuers will take income into account at some point.  However, there are issuers who will service this market.  At the very least, there are some secured cards that will work.  Also, if you have tons in the bank, you earn interest/capital gains/etc. which is income.  If you don't earn that much interest, why not just put it in lets say a SDFCU account paying some bank like interest rate and use that to secure a 100k credit card.

Correct, FICO scores do not look at income, but every CC I have ever app'd for asked for income. Great idea with the secured card. I have never heard of such a high limit on secured but I dont see why OP couldn't get one. 

All OP said was that he had 6 digits in the bank so that could be 100K-999,999K so who knows what he is earning in interest/capital gains/etc. The part that may get him is the "current employer" box on new cards. Not sure if amex asks for that on a CLI though. 

Message 31 of 35
plasticcards
New Contributor

I just decided to keep as is. I will ask for a CLI when I get a job. Wish me luck guys!! =D 

Message 32 of 35
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Good luck! I wish you more luck in finding a new postion than I do the CLI (I must ration my luck being given)

Message 33 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This thread was getting real interesting!

OP, sorry about your job and good luck in securing employment.
Message 34 of 35
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AMEX PROBLEM...

@Trigga wrote:

@plasticcards wrote:

So I got the Blue from Amex couple weeks ago limit $1.5k come today i have no job anymore. I got laid off Smiley Sad 

However I wanted to know about the 3X CLI after 61st day. Do I have to talk to a live person or can I do it online or telephone automated system?

Because If I talk to someone im sure she is going to ask about my income. Now That I don't have any it will be a problem I dont want them to close my card!

I have above 6 sigures in my bank accounts. So paying it back is not a problem. And I will get a new jobb shortly. I have Paid in full what I charged on it this past week which was about $1.5k . Any suggestions? 

@Anonymous not wait untill you have a new job then apply , nothing says it has to be right @ 61 days !?? Anyway you ask for a CLI im sure they will ask income via online or CR .

I agree with this, I would wait until you've secured a new job.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.