tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Pay over time

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
I activated this on my BRG just last month. They gave me 10k MR points just to add the feature! I also most likely will never use the feature but great to know it is there. My APR is also 18.24, I called credit department and asked for a lower apr and was told this rate was the only available. FYI you now basically have a 35k revolving line, your minimum payment will be calculated on the sum of charges below $100 and instead of a pay by date 2 weeks after statement cut it is more like 25 days. Win win win

Tell us more! I wouldn't mind another 10K MR points. Online or phone?

Just wait, and eventually you'll receive the email for 10K MRs when you sign up for POT.  

Grrr, should of waiting.. Didn't know about this!

Also, you can get this offer on each "new" Charge card.  I've gotten it 4 times.  

While this is purely anecdotal, if you log onto Amex online and start searching for "pay over time," click the links, try to sign up then cancel, the 10K offer would arrive in a few weeks.  This has worked for me the past several times.

Message 11 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
I activated this on my BRG just last month. They gave me 10k MR points just to add the feature! I also most likely will never use the feature but great to know it is there. My APR is also 18.24, I called credit department and asked for a lower apr and was told this rate was the only available. FYI you now basically have a 35k revolving line, your minimum payment will be calculated on the sum of charges below $100 and instead of a pay by date 2 weeks after statement cut it is more like 25 days. Win win win

Tell us more! I wouldn't mind another 10K MR points. Online or phone?

Just wait, and eventually you'll receive the email for 10K MRs when you sign up for POT.  

Grrr, should of waiting.. Didn't know about this!

Also, you can get this offer on each "new" Charge card.  I've gotten it 4 times.  

While this is purely anecdotal, if you log onto Amex online and start searching for "pay over time," click the links, try to sign up then cancel, the 10K offer would arrive in a few weeks.  This has worked for me the past several times.

Thanks probably will be picking up the PRG 50k signup offer sometime end of this year or early next year and another 10k on top of it will just be gravySmiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Thanks. So do you know about the 10K before you sign up, or do you just wait to receive them? Is it per member or per card? How about f you have say the Delta non-MR card?

Message 13 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

Thanks. So do you know about the 10K before you sign up, or do you just wait to receive them? Is it per member or per card? How about f you have say the Delta non-MR card?

Ah, over the years, there are several ways to receive them.

1.  Signing up through a backdoor link which confers the 10K bonus.

2.  Calling in and requesting the promo.

3.  Receiving the tragetted email (the most reiliable).

Of course, it is imperative to decline POT when activating your charge card.  For the same reason, never sign up initially for paperless, auto-pay or anything else, since you'll likely receive an enticement for them.  From my experience, each charge card may be eligible for the offers.  A few years ago, I had gotten it twice on a single card; once from an email, and the second on a backdoor link.

From my understanding, only MR charge cards are eligible, regardless of whatever other Amex cards you may or may not have.  

I just received my most recent 10K POT promo a month ago, which "may" have been triggered by my logging onto Amex to search, read, and sign up for then not follow through on their POT features.  Of course, it's YMMV; but, in this era of big data, it wouldn't surprise if what we click has some bearing on triggering certain promos.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz OP!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.