cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Payment and Overpayment options......

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Payment and Overpayment options......

Incase people are interested AMEX apparently allows you to pay a amount more then you owe. I owed aprox $470 and I selected the option of other amount and was allowed to put in $600. Now i did have a pending sale of $215 but it hasnt  posted yet.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
blu387
Established Member

Re: AMEX Payment and Overpayment options......

Haven't had this experience with Amex but with USAA it messed up my accounts for a bit. Now I only pay the highest balance reported that they give you the option for.
Message 2 of 5
randeman
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I did this as well.  I had a rental car for a week and wanted to offset the hold they had on the car.  I called Amex first and they said, "no problem."  There have been no adverse effects for me.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 3 of 5
dearppl
Contributor

I overpaid them once through my bank's online system. Amex just cut me a check.

Message 4 of 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I ran a negative balance on my Delta card for a couple months, then called Amex and asked them to credit one ove my other accounts--which they did with no hassle.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.