Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Plat First Year Free

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

AMEX Plat First Year Free

I noticed that if you go through Ameriprise, you can get a Plat with the first year free.

https://www.ameriprise.com/cash-cards-and-lending/cards/platinum-card-from-american-express.asp

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Plat First Year Free

@Dustink wrote:

I noticed that if you go through Ameriprise, you can get a Plat with the first year free.

https://www.ameriprise.com/cash-cards-and-lending/cards/platinum-card-from-american-express.asp

Wow that is a good savings especially who is thinking of apping

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

It's a nice catch, but considering they occassionally throw 100k sign up bonus offer    100k bonus > $450 annual fee

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 21
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Damnit, this caused me to Drapp tonight Smiley Surprised What is worse is I got a pending message saying that I would be notifies in 10-12 days.  Oh well.

Message 4 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I almost apped during the 100k offer, but im in the garden, at least im not an ameriprise member so i have no reason to be tempted by this. XD
Message 5 of 21
KS13
Established Member

You have to be an Ameriprise customer to get the first annual year fee waived?

Also is this card hard to get like the Black Card?

Message 6 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

It says on the page "fee waived........... If you're an ameriprise member"
Message 7 of 21
KS13
Established Member

Ah that sucks. 

Message 8 of 21
djrez4
Established Contributor

There are plenty of other offers that have requirements like that which are not enforced.

Example - Barclays US AIrways MC has a special offer with higher bonus miles that's supposed to be open to US Air's Chairman members only.  But, no one checks status.

This offer could be the same.  I may guinea pig it later this month.  Although, I do have Ameriprise insurance.  I wonder if that counts as membership.

Message 9 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Gahhhh!!! I want that Amex Platinum card!!!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.