Did you mean: 

AMEX Plat First Year Free

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Plat First Year Free

@jsucool76 wrote:
It says on the page "fee waived........... If you're an ameriprise member"

I think it just assumes you are an ameriprise member when you use that link. I don't think it ever confirms that you are a member.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Stop giving me reasons to apply!!! I'll never be approved. XD
Message 12 of 21
pkosheta
Contributor

And did anyone read the fine print?   5000 bonus MR Points per 20k spend up to 30k member points per year.  Now that's unique.  If I only had the income to drop 120k a year on my credit card.  The gold version gets 2500 MR per 10k spend too.

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 13 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@pkosheta wrote:

And did anyone read the fine print?   5000 bonus MR Points per 20k spend up to 30k member points per year.  Now that's unique.  If I only had the income to drop 120k a year on my credit card.  The gold version gets 2500 MR per 10k spend too.

Yes, very odd point structure on this offer. The only advantage to this offer is the first year free. Get lounge access for a year then PC.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 21
hemi961
Regular Contributor

This offer has been available for at least the past 4 years.  It probably isn't going to disappear anytime soon, so I wouldn't app until reports come back from the few who already have.  It states that the offer for the Platinum card applies to Achiever Circle Elite members which requires $500,000 in  investments with Ameriprise.  I'm not sure how closely they check but I would be hesitant to apply thinking the annual fee would be waived until we get a few reports back. 

American Express Cards

4 The Platinum Card® from American Express and the American Express® Gold Card are issued by American Express Bank, FSB. ©2010 American Express Bank, FSB. All rights reserved. American Express Company and Ameriprise Financial, Inc. are not, directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by or under common control with each other. Your ability to have this Card product is contingent on a relationship between you and Ameriprise Financial, Inc. If no relationship exists, or if your relationship with Ameriprise Financial ends, American Express has the right to cancel your Card account or transfer your account to another American Express Card product that will have different features and benefits.

Message 15 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

So who wants to be the guinea pig. XD
Message 16 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
So who wants to be the guinea pig. XD

Not me, I just signed up under the 100k offer.

Message 17 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I read a thread on a different forum. One person for their account closed after four months, but another person was fine.
Message 18 of 21
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Well Drapping paid off!  After four days of pending and a twenty minute call I was approved for the card.  I have NO Ameriprise account and the CSR stated that there is not a verification during application, she could not confirm during the account being open.  FYI If there is a minimum requirement for assets, ie $500,000, well haha to them.  I listed my assets as $10k-25k.  I am stoked, a year free of the Platinum card!!!!!  Oh yeah, 6 more years of backdating too.

Message 19 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Good luck!

Just hope you don't get closed down after a few months or something.
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.