Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: approved for Freedom, but I had to move the limit from my Amazon Chase. Don't care. Moved it all, I don't use that card anymore and now with the Freedom + CSP I'm happy.

Still waiting on Platinum....

Thats good news freedom + CSP is still an pretty good combo even with the nerfs CSP has taken. 

Tell us how it goes with platinm i am still on the fence with that card. 

Does anybody out there know if its still the one HP one revolver one charge rule. I was thinking about doing plat and spg together if thats the case since both have pretty nice signup bonuses. 

@Congrats on the freedom @Anonymous

@Mong

I've seen a few posts recently on FT of people doing it recently, but it's another one of those YMMV things. 

Message 441 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: approved for Freedom, but I had to move the limit from my Amazon Chase. Don't care. Moved it all, I don't use that card anymore and now with the Freedom + CSP I'm happy.

Thats good news freedom + CSP is still an pretty good combo even with the nerfs CSP has taken. 

Does anybody out there know if its still the one HP one revolver one charge rule. I was thinking about doing plat and spg together if thats the case since both have pretty nice signup bonuses. 

@Mong

I've seen a few posts recently on FT of people doing it recently, but it's another one of those YMMV things. 

Thanks JSU. Hopefully I did the right thing by moving the limit over from a sock-drawer card....I've heard some people recently getting auto-luv from Chase after six months. We'll see.

Looks like I won't heart about the Platinum until tomorrow.

Message 442 of 745
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Yeah i don't really know what to do in this particular situation. 100k sounds really really nice. I could take a nice trip on first to germany on SQ , i think that would be pretty comfortable haha

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 443 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

is my return right ? bad with math 

can i use this $100 cash back using my Platinum american express or is it only for co branded american express (FBNO, Elan Financial etc....) if i can that be nice i think. $100 off + 2x   .... which gives you more booking on amextravel ? gold premier or platinum  ? 

flight inventory comparison (United States to Europe) 

Barclay Arrival + x2.1 miles
($89 annual fee)
 Expedia.com 
$778 (155.60) 

Barclay Arrival x2.1 miles
(no annual fee) 
 Expedia.com 
$778 (155.60)      

$778 (expedia) vs $806 (amex) = 3.5% +2.1% (barclay) = 5.5% return

Chase Sapphire x2 points
($95 annual fee) 
$795 (159,040)

Amex Platinum x2 points
 ($450 annual fee) 
 $806 (161,20)

First National Bank of Omaha American Express 
(no annual fee)
Elan Financial Cash Rewards American Express
(no annual fee)
($100 cash back spend $600) Amextravel

-$100 (AmexConnect) -$806 (AmexTravel) = 12.4% +1% (FNBO) = 13.4% return - 2x (amex platinum) = 10.4% return ?

Message 444 of 745
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

TL;DR - After shuffling some things around, I gave Amex a call to apply for the Platinum 100k offer and was approved. It only took one attempt. There's also another new Amex in my signature... the old card. 

The rep who answered the call was great and had the perfect personality for this job. They asked for an offer code and I played innocent stating I didn't write it down, I told the rep I'll go dig it up and will call back to apply. The rep interrupted preventing me from hanging up then offered to look it up by my name / address. I do receive 75k offers for Platinum/Gold Biz cards but I knew they weren't going to find that 100k offer. I was prepared to HUCA after they couldn't find anything but the rep voluntarily gave in and offered to look up the offer by just the POID. Once the offer was pulled up, they indicated I can apply for it (they also knew I'm an existing customer). The rep asked me what attracted me to the offer and I told them the bonus was more than double whats on their website and we both chuckled. After going through all of the questions I was approved right over the phone. 

Message 445 of 745
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I really want this offer but really don't want to call in.
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 446 of 745
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mong

Thanks JSU. Hopefully I did the right thing by moving the limit over from a sock-drawer card....I've heard some people recently getting auto-luv from Chase after six months. We'll see.

Looks like I won't heart about the Platinum until tomorrow.

Congrats on the freedom..  Wishing you luck on the Platinum..  Wow I went out last night and wake up to 60+ new pots I had to read through at least.

Message 447 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:
I really want this offer but really don't want to call in.

Why don't you want to call?  That's pretty much the only chance you gave of getting the offer at this point.  They won't bite

Message 448 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

is my return right ? bad with math 

can i use this $100 cash back using my Platinum american express or is it only for co branded american express (FBNO, Elan Financial etc....) if i can that be nice i think. $100 off + 2x   .... which gives you more booking on amextravel ? gold premier or platinum  ? 

This is an "Amex Offer." If it is available for an amex card of yours you can use it. The offer must be both available, and activated (On each particular account) to be able to use it. 

Message 449 of 745
red259
Super Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

TL;DR - After shuffling some things around, I gave Amex a call to apply for the Platinum 100k offer and was approved. It only took one attempt. There's also another new Amex in my signature... the old card. 

The rep who answered the call was great and had the perfect personality for this job. They asked for an offer code and I played innocent stating I didn't write it down, I told the rep I'll go dig it up and will call back to apply. The rep interrupted preventing me from hanging up then offered to look it up by my name / address. I do receive 75k offers for Platinum/Gold Biz cards but I knew they weren't going to find that 100k offer. I was prepared to HUCA after they couldn't find anything but the rep voluntarily gave in and offered to look up the offer by just the POID. Once the offer was pulled up, they indicated I can apply for it (they also knew I'm an existing customer). The rep asked me what attracted me to the offer and I told them the bonus was more than double whats on their website and we both chuckled. After going through all of the questions I was approved right over the phone. 

Frustrating. My application is still in progress yet some other people get an instant answer over the phone. Looks like I won't know until Monday. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 450 of 745
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.