Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

I just checked and was approved for the plat card! I guess I will call in and try to get it expedited. I didn't have to speak to anyone the second time, but I feel like there may have been some sort of manual review before the card was pushed through. I'm going to go into the garden and be careful with my amex accounts for the next six months, although I do need to meet the initial spend. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 471 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@jfriend I wasn't referring to MR points. I was referring to getting the Delta Gold 50k miles with the same HP. I was pondering over going for the ED instead since I've heard bad thing about Delta miles and low value when transferring to Delta with MR points (for the purpose of combing delta miles with MR points).

Seems ED might be a better combo for double aping (instead of Delta miles that are difficult to accumulat) as I get some MR, which are more flexible and can house my MR points.

ED is a better long term card, but 50k delta miles is worth a lot more than the 10k MR point signup bonus. Delta miles aren't the most valuable, but you can still get a r/t flight for under 50k miles on some routes. 

Just depends what you're looking for. 

Message 472 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I just checked and was approved for the plat card! I guess I will call in and try to get it expedited. I didn't have to speak to anyone the second time, but I feel like there may have been some sort of manual review before the card was pushed through. I'm going to go into the garden and be careful with my amex accounts for the next six months, although I do need to meet the initial spend. 

Congrats. Card is automatically sent UPS next day air, you should get it by tuesday at the latest. 

Message 473 of 745
red259
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Congrats. Card is automatically sent UPS next day air, you should get it by tuesday at the latest. 

Good to know. The message on the application status page said I would get it in 7-10 days, but I bet that is the default message for all cards.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 474 of 745
Open123
Super Contributor

Great offer for those of you who were approved for this.  With the once per lifetime per card for Amex's personal cards, this is the best offer for Plat.  Well worth the app!

Message 475 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@jfriend I wasn't referring to MR points. I was referring to getting the Delta Gold 50k miles with the same HP. I was pondering over going for the ED instead since I've heard bad thing about Delta miles and low value when transferring to Delta with MR points (for the purpose of combing delta miles with MR points).

Seems ED might be a better combo for double aping (instead of Delta miles that are difficult to accumulat) as I get some MR, which are more flexible and can house my MR points.

ED is a better long term card, but 50k delta miles is worth a lot more than the 10k MR point signup bonus. Delta miles aren't the most valuable, but you can still get a r/t flight for under 50k miles on some routes. 

Just depends what you're looking for. 

Mine a 25k MR point signup bonus on the no annual fee Everyday Card. What should i do ? 

Message 476 of 745
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

Congrats on your approval!

Message 477 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@sebastian

I'd take that offer.
Message 478 of 745
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Congrats glad you were approved. Was your initial app today? Are you going for another card (EDP/BCP/SPG)?

Message 479 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
@sebastian

I'd take that offer.

but i also have this too. what's better ?

50k MR points when you spend $1,000  (Gold Premier Rewards Card)

or

25k MR points when you spend $2,000 (Everyday Card)

Message 480 of 745
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.