Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL just a lowly Dr. Genmorr - but I'd much prefer "Director of Bread Security"! I have the personal platinum but they actually reissued all my AMEX with the title (I have the Plat, Every Day, and Optima).

What is the advantage in doing that?   I have used my title on very few ocassions: my passport (in case that helped appear more like someone you want to let in to your country) and on applications to private schools for my daughters (where some decision makers might be a little more impressed).

But on a credit card...., nah!

He earned it with hard work.. I would be proud to put Dr. in front of my name if I made it through Med. School and was a Dr..  Just like some people put M.B.A, PH.D., etc as the end of their signatures.  Although if one prefers not to have Dr. in front of their name then obviously they have that option as well.  Just persona preference I guess?

Message 731 of 745
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL just a lowly Dr. Genmorr - but I'd much prefer "Director of Bread Security"! I have the personal platinum but they actually reissued all my AMEX with the title (I have the Plat, Every Day, and Optima).

What is the advantage in doing that?   I have used my title on very few ocassions: my passport (in case that helped appear more like someone you want to let in to your country) and on applications to private schools for my daughters (where some decision makers might be a little more impressed).

You know, even now, "Sir Luker" can get you much further than simply "Mr. Luker."

It's "Dr  L.T. Lurker" to you!

Message 732 of 745
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

He earned it with hard work.. I would be proud to put Dr. in front of my name if I made it through Med. School and was a Dr..  Just like some people put M.B.A, PH.D., etc as the end of their signatures.  Although if one prefers not to have Dr. in front of their name then obviously they have that option as well.  Just persona preference I guess?

Um yes.  (Well, maybe he sent in 4000 cereal packet tops, so I don't really know!)   But I was just wondering, because it is something that never occured to me and obviously means a lot to him that Amex supports it.   Personally I wouldn't expect anyone who looks at my cc to notice, or, if they do, care.

Message 733 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a Ms. Dr. Genmorr Smiley Very Happy

Anyhoo, the title is something I'm proud of, a result of lots and lots of school, and I rarely ever use the title outside of work, it seems. It was fun to use it for a credit card, which isn't very significant overall. 

Message 734 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My card says "Executive Vice President of Executiveness" on it.
Message 735 of 745
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LTL are you a Doctor too?

Message 736 of 745
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a Ms. Dr. Genmorr Smiley Very Happy

Anyhoo, the title is something I'm proud of, a result of lots and lots of school, and I rarely ever use the title outside of work, it seems. It was fun to use it for a credit card, which isn't very significant overall. 

Interesting. I don't think it would ever occur to me to use a title/degree for something like a credit card, or really anywhere for that matter. Seems out of place and, frankly, who is going to care?

My SO and I went out to dinner a while back and were waiting for our table. The hostess was calling parties as their table was available, and she announced "Dr. So-and-So, your table is ready." We did a double-take - I mean, how pompous?! Would two doctors trump one and get a table faster?! Sheesh. A person may have earned the degree/title, but it's really only important and applicable in a professional setting. Going out to dinner - or on a credit card - doesn't qualify as far as I'm concerned. It really rubs me the wrong way.

And don't even get me started on PhD using Dr. versus MD or DO using Dr. Smiley Tongue

Message 737 of 745
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Sorry in advance, I am sure this has already been answered, but I don't have the patience to read through all 70+ pages.

Is there any possible way to get the 100k offer anymore? I can only get a 40k offer to come up.

Thank you.

Message 738 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shinedown87 wrote:

Sorry in advance, I am sure this has already been answered, but I don't have the patience to read through all 70+ pages.

Is there any possible way to get the 100k offer anymore? I can only get a 40k offer to come up.

Thank you.

No, its not currently available.  Best bet is to wait.  It will come back at some point.

Message 739 of 745
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shinedown87 wrote:

Thank you.

No, its not currently available.  Best bet is to wait.  It will come back at some point.

Thank you for the quick response. Hopefully I don't have to wait until August!

Message 740 of 745
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.