Re: AMEX Platinum 100K MR Points for 3K spend, available to all

You can provide AmEx with a pin.
Message 51 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DH got a mailer last week, we talked over the weekend and we'll get it for him. It's good through 10/19 or something like that, so I want to wait until I can line up some spend for it. 

He was pretty jealous with my RC and doesn't understand why I haven't made him an AU so he can have a card. (Before I joined the forum we were always AU on all of each others' cards, now I see why that's not always a great idea). I'm glad he was the one to get the 100k offer. That will make up for it to him. 

Question: This will be our first MR card (assuming he gets it). If I got any MR cards, are the points pool-able or transferable? (Wondering about switching over to EDP from BCP and/or I've got PRG mailers and thought that might make sense too.)

The points are pretty much separate from the card once posted. all MR points will pool into a single Membership Rewards account. 

So if he had Platinum and I had PRG...

Message 52 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it does not work like that. They will pool into accounts in YOUR name.
Message 53 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
No it does not work like that. They will pool into accounts in YOUR name.

What about transferring?

If I converted my BCP to EDP and he had the Plat. Would the MR's be stuck in two separate accounts? 

Message 54 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DH got a mailer last week, we talked over the weekend and we'll get it for him. It's good through 10/19 or something like that, so I want to wait until I can line up some spend for it. 

He was pretty jealous with my RC and doesn't understand why I haven't made him an AU so he can have a card. (Before I joined the forum we were always AU on all of each others' cards, now I see why that's not always a great idea). I'm glad he was the one to get the 100k offer. That will make up for it to him. 

Question: This will be our first MR card (assuming he gets it). If I got any MR cards, are the points pool-able or transferable? (Wondering about switching over to EDP from BCP and/or I've got PRG mailers and thought that might make sense too.)

The points are pretty much separate from the card once posted. all MR points will pool into a single Membership Rewards account. 

So if he had Platinum and I had PRG...

Your points would accumulate into separate MR accounts, however, spouses are SUPPOSED to be able to transfer points to his (or him to yours) transfer program accounts. 

IE: You SHOULD be able to transfer points to his delta skymiles account, or him to your skymiles account (or other programs), but I don't think you can share raw membership rewards points. 

Message 55 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you get 2x200? it was only 1 200 per year right? Can some body elighten me?

Message 56 of 745
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you get 2x200? it was only 1 200 per year right? Can some body elighten me?

1x$200 by december 31, 2015

1x$200 starting January 1, 2016

200+200=400

Message 57 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't share MR points.  You can transfer MR points to a hotel/airline account of a spouse as long as they are an authorized user for that card

Message 58 of 745
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing you can do is make a BA Household account if this applies to you.

Message 59 of 745
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thank gosh 1800 # was availableSmiley Happy  worth an EXP HP!

plat2.JPG

Message 60 of 745
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.