Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum AU - Affecting Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum AU - Affecting Credit Score

@scorewatcher7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Removing myself as AU, will that affect my score as well (negatively) and will the debt that my parents owe (which shows up on my history) go away? Or will that stay on my history... 

you're worried that removing a card will have a negative effect, but you already determined that the card has a negative effect by having it active.... 

My biggest concern was the removal of the AU account and how it would look on my history. Since its an AMEX Plat - it has an open limit and it highlights that as a negative issue. I do plan on removing it - just want to see the future consequences of doing so. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum AU - Affecting Credit Score

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Removing myself as AU, will that affect my score as well (negatively) and will the debt that my parents owe (which shows up on my history) go away? Or will that stay on my history... 

@Anonymous,

If you remove yourself as AU, the debt will not show in your history which will positively improve your profile.  Also, your score going up will depend on others things in your credit profile.  Do you have other cards?  

I have a Chase Freedom and a Chase Slate (inactive - got it as a student awhile back) 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.