Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum Approved !!

What are your scores CS800?

Message 11 of 19
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I have really been enjoying my Platinum and I take full advantage of the travel benefits and other benefits. Was even able to apply a bonus code to bump the 25000 points up to 100,000. Search flyertalk to find more info on that. Be sure to sign up for free preferred status on all the rental car companies as well as Starwood (if you travel alot). I also really like the Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits including upgrades, late checkouts, hotel credit, etc. Pretty nice to have. Oh, be sure to take advantage of the free $200 airline credit as well. Helps offset the cost of the annual fee.

Can't wait to apply for two more Amex cards in January (Delta Skymiles and Blue Cash Preferred).

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 19
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

Congrats on the approval. I have really been enjoying my Platinum and I take full advantage of the travel benefits and other benefits. Was even able to apply a bonus code to bump the 25000 points up to 100,000. Search flyertalk to find more info on that. Be sure to sign up for free preferred status on all the rental car companies as well as Starwood (if you travel alot). I also really like the Fine Hotels and Resorts benefits including upgrades, late checkouts, hotel credit, etc. Pretty nice to have. Oh, be sure to take advantage of the free $200 airline credit as well. Helps offset the cost of the annual fee.

Can't wait to apply for two more Amex cards in January (Delta Skymiles and Blue Cash Preferred).

OP already signed up for the card, so it certainly can't hurt to ask. But for anyone else reading and thinking about doing this, you should be careful if you're only interested in the card because you think you're going to get 100K points.  Amex started cracking down on this recently. It's becoming much harder to get them to apply targeted codes when you were not targeted. There were reports of them denying people the points even if the person's account had already been notated by a CSR that they would receive the points.  If you're going to apply now, I think you should assume you will not get the 100K.  If you do, then it's a nice surprise.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 13 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

The code I believe expired in May but on FT there were talks of people getting the code honored by AMEX. However the 50k is still applicable.

Got to be careful not to push yur luck with AMEX. Stay under the radar. But 50k is two roundtrip ticket anywhere in CONUS.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/platinum-charge-card/29119-243-0/?BUID=...

Here is a 50k Point Application for the Platinum if anyone is interested..

Congrats on your Approval BTW, I'd def apply if I knew I was getting the 100k, and also if they Delta SkyMile Promotion for 50% Bonus Transfer didn't just end 5 Days ago!!! So now I suppose I'll wait until a good combination of things come my way...at least I have my CITI Points on the way...they need to hurry! Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

The crazy part is that some people called way after teh promo ended and asked the CSR to apply the 100k bonus code to their application. Some actually have been successful from what i have read.

But 50k for me is good Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Congradulations on the Platinum 

I am not sure though if it is worth the hefty AF

Message 17 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Denny: If you travel a lot, it's worth it for the VIP lounges and perks associated with it like the conceirge, luggage fee reimbursed. Otherwise the Gold PR would be a better choice than the platinum.

Message 18 of 19
ficofox
Regular Contributor

At the time that I applied, I was unaware of MR reward bonus promotions. When I saw the discussion on FT, I sent several secure messages to Membership Rewards. After no luck in applying bonus codes, I gave up. Then, the FT discussion continued with many reporting success and an equal number reporting failure. I decided, what the heck, and called them one last time. The representative applied the bonus code with no problem. I transferred to Delta Skymiles before the end of the promotion. Pretty nice - doesn't hurt to ask, but this deal is extremely YMMV.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.