Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum - Priority pass select

tag
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum - Priority pass select

Yes I am a frequent flyer on united and when the merger happened they pulled out of the priority pass program I was going to get a card with priority pass but decided to get a chase card to have acess to the united lounges
Message 11 of 15
alakazam
New Contributor

Well I just checked it out:

International Terminal
UNITED CLUB
Airside - Concourse G, north side. Immediately after Security Checks on the 3rd Floor, the entrance to the Lounge is located on the right hand side.
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge. 

This sucks major time. So what are the alternative cards then? the 1% United by Chase (which I absolutely dislike) or the Venture... weird

Message 12 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@alakazam wrote:

Well I just checked it out:

International Terminal
UNITED CLUB
Airside - Concourse G, north side. Immediately after Security Checks on the 3rd Floor, the entrance to the Lounge is located on the right hand side.
Note: Members holding a Priority Pass Select membership card and Priority Pass cardholders in the U.S. that receive their membership through a U.S. financial institution will not be allowed access to this Lounge. 

This sucks major time. So what are the alternative cards then? the 1% United by Chase (which I absolutely dislike) or the Venture... weird

The Chase United MileagePlus Club card, a full United RCC membership, or a full US club membership are really your only options.

SFO is my main airport and I can tell you, there aren't many other choices. You can buy day passes for $50 in-person or $39 online, and have them re-imbursed through the Amex plat's $200 airline incidentals credit. However if you do this more than 4-5x per year then you'll need one of the above.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 15
alakazam
New Contributor

What about all those other lounges not part of Priority Pass? Aren't Platinum holders supposed to get in those? It's a bummer. Daily pass will only be reimbursed for me not my +1 so... dilemma.

Message 14 of 15
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@alakazam wrote:

What about all those other lounges not part of Priority Pass? Aren't Platinum holders supposed to get in those? It's a bummer. Daily pass will only be reimbursed for me not my +1 so... dilemma.

There are other airport lounges that you can use at SFO, but not in that terminal.

The only other option you could use is the Alaska Airlines lounge in the domestic terminal. If you're travelling internationally though, it's United or nothing.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.