Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum charge card AU question

tag
drcc2013
Valued Member

AMEX Platinum charge card AU question

i never had a amex before reccently got added as AU how long should i wait to apply for my own?

is there a way i can just ask to seperated my account from the primary?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Platinum charge card

You can apply whenever your credit is ready to app - just like any cc.

No, you cannot 'separate' from the primary. If I understand your question correctly. The primary can cancel your cc but you cannot remove yourself and still keep the cc and make yourself a primary.
Message 2 of 5
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum charge card AU question

@drcc2013 wrote:

i never had a amex before reccently got added as AU how long should i wait to apply for my own?

is there a way i can just ask to seperated my account from the primary?

You can apply for your own card any time you want - only your personal credit score will be considered.

You will not be allowed to leech any benefit as an authorized user, as it is a seperate and distinct account, so the only possible advantage to you might be the 'backdating' feature, but again - it will be your credit that gets you approved (or not).

Message 3 of 5
drcc2013
Valued Member

backdating i wish ......shows up as a new account date opened the day they caled them to add me.

but was thinking sense they already pull my CR just for the AU they could pull a soft and tell me if i will get approved or not

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex does not pull your credit when added as an ACM.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.