Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum is quick!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

AMEX Platinum is quick!

I am in San Francisco for a week. I used the Platinum to upgrade my flight out here to first class for $75.00. I just got notified by AMEX that a $75.00 credit for airline reimbursement has been credited to my account! I guess that is a part of the $200.00 in airline credit that is a part of the Platinum membership! I'm impressed!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum is quick!

Upgrades are not incidental, you got lucky on that one. It is not supposed to count. Nice.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Haha - nice!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 12
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Upgrades are not incidental, you got lucky on that one. It is not supposed to count. Nice.

Wow! I guess I did get lucky! It specifically said airline reimbursement!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 4 of 12
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yup. This is what AMEX excludes.

"Airline tickets, upgrades, point transfer fees, duty free items, gift cards, award tickets, and fees not charged by the enrolled airline (e.g., wireless internet or Alliance Partner fees) are not eligible for credit."

As with anything, you can generally find a way around it. Just depends how the airlines codes the transaction.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 12
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Yup. This is what AMEX excludes.

"Airline tickets, upgrades, point transfer fees, duty free items, gift cards, award tickets, and fees not charged by the enrolled airline (e.g., wireless internet or Alliance Partner fees) are not eligible for credit."

As with anything, you can generally find a way around it. Just depends how the airlines codes the transaction.

That makes sense. I guess they cod edition such a way that I got the credit! I love AMEX!!

Message 6 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 7 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

They are quick. Love it!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 12
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Thats why AMEX is a good company

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 12
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I think Amex would give it to you anyway haha but Grats!
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.