Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Pre Approved

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

AMEX Pre Approved

I just spoke with AMEX about my account and they said I have pre approved offers that I can Only take when I call in and it is only a SP no HP. Has anyone else herd of this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Pre Approved

No representative should be telling you that it'll be a soft pull for an entirely new account. For a short time, American Express was offering BCE for Costco cardmembers doing a soft pull only but that has now expired. What were you being offered?

Message 2 of 5
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No representative should be telling you that it'll be a soft pull for an entirely new account. For a short time, American Express was offering BCE for Costco cardmembers doing a soft pull only but that has now expired. What were you being offered?

BCE, ED.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The representative may have been mistaken and not realised that the offer for soft pulls has expired. If its something you were interested in taking advantage of, I would call customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor to ensure that you're given proper information.
Message 4 of 5
chally
Regular Contributor

I received a BCE offer in an email yesterday that had terms identical to the Costco TE card. The rep I spoke with said this would be a soft pull, something he could see internally apparently. The new BCE won't backdate to the opening date of the TE card unfortunately, but in his experience, CL's on the new BCE were same as the soon to end TE card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.