Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - Pre Selected Offers Tool?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX - Pre Selected Offers Tool?

I noticed AMEX has a tool on their webpage for non cardmembers where you fill out your information including SS# and they will pre-qualify you for their cards. Has anyone had any luck or experience with this tool? The form states:

"This is not an application for credit. The information you provide will be used for the sole purpose of determining if you qualify for any special Card offers. This determination may include an inquiry with a credit bureau, which will not affect your credit rating. Qualification for special offers does not guarantee account approval. If you qualify for any special Card offers, you will receive an invitation to apply for a Card. By clicking the submit button you agree to the above. "

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX - Pre Selected Offers Tool?

JustinIND wrote:

I noticed AMEX has a tool on their webpage for non cardmembers where you fill out your information including SS# and they will pre-qualify you for their cards. Has anyone had any luck or experience with this tool? The form states:

"This is not an application for credit. The information you provide will be used for the sole purpose of determining if you qualify for any special Card offers. This determination may include an inquiry with a credit bureau, which will not affect your credit rating. Qualification for special offers does not guarantee account approval. If you qualify for any special Card offers, you will receive an invitation to apply for a Card. By clicking the submit button you agree to the above. "

Hi JustinIND!

Put little to no stock into what the pre-qualification tool spits out. The results really don't reflect what an Amex credit app decision may be. Heck, it spit out results for me without a soft INQ (I'm opted-out, and prior to becoming an Amex cardholder).

If you're interested in a specific product, tell us about it and your credit profile (scores, any derogs, your utilization, if you've ever had any bad history with Amex). There are many Amex members here who might give you their $.02 on where you might stand with an Amex app these days.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.