Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Prepaid or wait for BCE?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Prepaid or wait for BCE?

Your scores from whatever lender (mortgage?) pulled doesn't show you as far away from Amex revolver territory anyway. I'd read whatever the denial letter states, and hang out for another six months and see if you can make some progress on the reasons for denial. At that point you can take the shot again, and if it fails, have time to take a first year free offer in a charge card and establish yourself through that.

        
Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

The program is called 

"Make your Move"

And it was launched early 2012 not sure if its still available but here's a qoute from an AMEX spokes person

"“This program is intended to help consumers with thin or no credit files. All they need to do is load and use their American Express prepaid card regularly,” spokeswoman Vanessa McCutchen says via email. AmEx doesn’t report how people use their prepaid cards to any credit bureau, but they keep tabs on it internally. Customers it deems credit worthy may, after a minimum of six months using the prepaid card, be invited to apply for a conventional American Express charge card.

Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/03/23/amex-gives-prepaid-card-users-a-chance-to-graduate-to-a-regular-...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
Axa
New Contributor

I can't see where it's still offered. I'll call them when I get the chance. Good lead.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 13 of 14
eriknyc

I believe American Express quietly shut down the Make Your Move program around the end of last year (December 2012). The only reference to the program I can now find is through the search site here, though that points to the Prepaid card FAQ, which no longer has details on this program.

I'm still using my Amex Prepaid card in the hope that they are still reviewing accounts internally. I think the Make Your Move program just sounded like too much of a promise, which they don't want to have to keep.

Additionally, I'm still curious about American Express' plans with prepaid. It seems they have a lot of overlapping products at this point..  Amex Prepaid, Amex Bluebird, Amex Serve. Wondering if they're planning on shutting down the plain-ol Prepaid in favor of one of the others.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.