Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Prepaid targeted email

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Prepaid targeted email

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I think this article pretty much sums it up. I'm just gonna wait until this Teletrack madness is 100% correct and app next year.

One of the downsides of prepaid cards is using one doesn't get you any closer to getting credit. American Express is changing that.

The credit card issuer is inviting qualified holders of its prepaid card to apply for a charge card. The program is called "Make Your Move," and the company will evaluate prepaid cardholders for a minimum of six months before extending the offer to apply, says American Express spokeswoman Leah Gerstner.

While there's no specific set of requirements a prepaid cardholder must meet to be eligible for the invitation, the company offers a few recommendations, she says. Cardholders should use the card for everyday expenses such as groceries or gas or for recurring bills like utilities and phone service, and reload the card consistently when the balance is low. Of course, prepaid cardholders still need to qualify even if they receive an invitation to apply for the charge card.

"Receiving an application for a charge card doesn't guarantee approval," Gerstner says.

American Express will go through the same process to qualify a prepaid cardholder as it does for anyone applying for a credit or charge card. That includes considering a person's overall credit history. However, Gerstner points out that "Make Your Move" will give American Express a fuller picture of an applicant's financial history based on spending on their prepaid card.

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/credit-cards/a-learners-permit-for-credit/

+!

Message 11 of 18
wreith
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I think this article pretty much sums it up. I'm just gonna wait until this Teletrack madness is 100% correct and app next year.

One of the downsides of prepaid cards is using one doesn't get you any closer to getting credit. American Express is changing that.

The credit card issuer is inviting qualified holders of its prepaid card to apply for a charge card. The program is called "Make Your Move," and the company will evaluate prepaid cardholders for a minimum of six months before extending the offer to apply, says American Express spokeswoman Leah Gerstner.

While there's no specific set of requirements a prepaid cardholder must meet to be eligible for the invitation, the company offers a few recommendations, she says. Cardholders should use the card for everyday expenses such as groceries or gas or for recurring bills like utilities and phone service, and reload the card consistently when the balance is low. Of course, prepaid cardholders still need to qualify even if they receive an invitation to apply for the charge card.

"Receiving an application for a charge card doesn't guarantee approval," Gerstner says.

American Express will go through the same process to qualify a prepaid cardholder as it does for anyone applying for a credit or charge card. That includes considering a person's overall credit history. However, Gerstner points out that "Make Your Move" will give American Express a fuller picture of an applicant's financial history based on spending on their prepaid card.

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/credit-cards/a-learners-permit-for-credit/

+!

Yeah thinking the same thing. 

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 12 of 18
Pworld
Regular Contributor

i recieved this mailer this morning. It said i got it bececause i was recently denied. But i never applied for a AMEX in my life. I did their pre-approval 2 days earlier with the green and gold showing up. I am just happy i am on their radar. Keep softing me Amex, keep softing me!

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 13 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Pworld wrote:

i recieved this mailer this morning. It said i got it bececause i was recently denied. But i never applied for a AMEX in my life. I did their pre-approval 2 days earlier with the green and gold showing up. I am just happy i am on their radar. Keep softing me Amex, keep softing me!

Why not apply? you don't want Gold Charge? Free first year!

Message 14 of 18
Pworld
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Pworld wrote:

Why not apply? you don't want Gold Charge? Free first year!

Waiting for my statement to post in 10 days that will show a Util around 2 percent. Any little thing can help. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 15 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@PrettyNPink wrote:

HI there. Because of copyright concerns you need to edit your post to include a link back to the source of the article.

Message 16 of 18
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Thanks MarineVietVet, all done.

Message 17 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@PrettyNPink wrote:

Thanks MarineVietVet, all done.

Thank you. It's much appreciated.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.