Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: AMEX Prepaid targeted email

[ Edited ]

PrettyNPink wrote:

I think this article pretty much sums it up. I'm just gonna wait until this Teletrack madness is 100% correct and app next year.

One of the downsides of prepaid cards is using one doesn't get you any closer to getting credit. American Express is changing that.

The credit card issuer is inviting qualified holders of its prepaid card to apply for a charge card. The program is called "Make Your Move," and the company will evaluate prepaid cardholders for a minimum of six months before extending the offer to apply, says American Express spokeswoman Leah Gerstner.

While there's no specific set of requirements a prepaid cardholder must meet to be eligible for the invitation, the company offers a few recommendations, she says. Cardholders should use the card for everyday expenses such as groceries or gas or for recurring bills like utilities and phone service, and reload the card consistently when the balance is low. Of course, prepaid cardholders still need to qualify even if they receive an invitation to apply for the charge card.

"Receiving an application for a charge card doesn't guarantee approval," Gerstner says.

American Express will go through the same process to qualify a prepaid cardholder as it does for anyone applying for a credit or charge card. That includes considering a person's overall credit history. However, Gerstner points out that "Make Your Move" will give American Express a fuller picture of an applicant's financial history based on spending on their prepaid card.

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/credit-cards/a-learners-permit-for-credit/

+!

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
wreith

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

PrettyNPink wrote:

I think this article pretty much sums it up. I'm just gonna wait until this Teletrack madness is 100% correct and app next year.

One of the downsides of prepaid cards is using one doesn't get you any closer to getting credit. American Express is changing that.

The credit card issuer is inviting qualified holders of its prepaid card to apply for a charge card. The program is called "Make Your Move," and the company will evaluate prepaid cardholders for a minimum of six months before extending the offer to apply, says American Express spokeswoman Leah Gerstner.

While there's no specific set of requirements a prepaid cardholder must meet to be eligible for the invitation, the company offers a few recommendations, she says. Cardholders should use the card for everyday expenses such as groceries or gas or for recurring bills like utilities and phone service, and reload the card consistently when the balance is low. Of course, prepaid cardholders still need to qualify even if they receive an invitation to apply for the charge card.

"Receiving an application for a charge card doesn't guarantee approval," Gerstner says.

American Express will go through the same process to qualify a prepaid cardholder as it does for anyone applying for a credit or charge card. That includes considering a person's overall credit history. However, Gerstner points out that "Make Your Move" will give American Express a fuller picture of an applicant's financial history based on spending on their prepaid card.

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/credit-cards/a-learners-permit-for-credit/

+!

Yeah thinking the same thing. 

03/10/2014 Walmart TU 724
09/07/2013 MyFico EQ 684
03/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $11K, CareCredit $10.2K, Chase Freedom $1900, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2050, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $1K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $5300
Contributor
Pworld

i recieved this mailer this morning. It said i got it bececause i was recently denied. But i never applied for a AMEX in my life. I did their pre-approval 2 days earlier with the green and gold showing up. I am just happy i am on their radar. Keep softing me Amex, keep softing me!

2/2011=EQ: 590
11/2012=EQ: 683 (after 4 card app spree and reporting)
10/2013=EQ: 708 (reached my goal!! for 2013) EX(amex): 668 TU(Disc):680
Goal = 725 by 6/2014
Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/15k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Best Buy/800 | Discover IT/6.4K | Citi HHonors Reserve/3K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preffered/5K
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Pworld wrote:

i recieved this mailer this morning. It said i got it bececause i was recently denied. But i never applied for a AMEX in my life. I did their pre-approval 2 days earlier with the green and gold showing up. I am just happy i am on their radar. Keep softing me Amex, keep softing me!

Why not apply? you don't want Gold Charge? Free first year!

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Contributor
Pworld

Creditaddict wrote:

Pworld wrote:

Why not apply? you don't want Gold Charge? Free first year!

Waiting for my statement to post in 10 days that will show a Util around 2 percent. Any little thing can help. 

2/2011=EQ: 590
11/2012=EQ: 683 (after 4 card app spree and reporting)
10/2013=EQ: 708 (reached my goal!! for 2013) EX(amex): 668 TU(Disc):680
Goal = 725 by 6/2014
Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/15k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Best Buy/800 | Discover IT/6.4K | Citi HHonors Reserve/3K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preffered/5K
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

PrettyNPink wrote:

HI there. Because of copyright concerns you need to edit your post to include a link back to the source of the article.

Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Thanks MarineVietVet, all done.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

PrettyNPink wrote:

Thanks MarineVietVet, all done.

Thank you. It's much appreciated.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+